Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 GEORGE WASHINGTON INAUGURAL BUTTONS IN ONE DAY! BEST HUNT EVER!

Re: 5 GEORGE WASHINGTON INAUGURAL BUTTONS IN ONE DAY! BEST HUNT EVER!

I just can't believe it. I had to sit down when I was reading this while making lunch.

That's why some guys like to Detect Private land mostly, did you tell the land owner ? Or did he tell you to just go ahead and have a good time attitude ? I wonder if there was an old barn with the jacket in there hidden away and no one knew about it. They say the Man of the house usually hid money or other items around the yard and didn't tell anyone . The Owner must have been really rich. Maybe there's a hidden Cache hidden in the yard somewhere, can you imagine?

Hope you guys find more treasures
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

What a post. Poor Todd, must have felt really out of it today. You're right, you'll never forget this hunt. Are you gonna compensate Del for his declining $2000 examplethinkingabout: rofl

Look, Rob and I would love to go hunting with you guys but if we can't we would just settle to be in your presence.... |)

V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

:: :: :: :: ::
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Wow. I stopped by after work to see how the hunt was going & Todd tells me you found 3 GW's. I think you were still shaking and in shock when you showed them to me. I can only imagine what you were like after #4 and then #5.

on a stellar day hunting.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

I'm speechless, WTG!!! |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

WOW Dave! That is absolutely incredible! Simply amazing! Does anyone know how many of these buttons were produced, of this eagle style?
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Holy sh^t | You need to stop! Dan has a great point; you are driving down the value of these buttons thumbsup01 Just kidding, incredible finds Congrats!

thanks everyone for the awesome comments.Dan as you requested
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Words aren't adequate. This has to be one of the most mind-blowing hunts ever!

Love these new photos, Dave! |

I am happy for you, my friend. A hunt that you will remember for the rest of your life!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Elite Member

.......I'm speechless.....what a payday!

At first I thought this might be a late April fools joke... lol

The way you guys are digging those up, I'm beginning to think maybe they aren't so rare
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Fantastic!!! Congratulations. I hope you gave the home owner one for giving you permission to hunt in his yard? ::
    Metal Detector, Inline Pinpointer, 6th Sense

Hey ! Did you guys video tape this hunt. That would be great to watch.
    I noticed the one in the middle is different. The outline before the impressions is present, the eagle and star is slightly different, the metal looks different also and the shank is definitely different. I think there's like 5 different ones that look similar. They all have 63 impressions though.
    I'm almost afraid to ask, but what kind of Deal did you get with the land owner ? Some don't care and just say go have fun, but be careful and others ask What's in it for me. That's why I down play the finds by showing them mediocre finds that they have no interest in .
    You would be surprised how unaware some people are about MD'ing . Last year I had the Honor of meeting the President and Vice- President of the State Forestry of CT. They said detecting was no problem and even sent me a letter thanking me because at the time I was cleaning up my trash. I also got a letter forwarded from the Governor explaining the future of the property that I was Detecting. It was purchased to gain access to a stream nearby . The President of the Forestry called my and asked me more about detecting and how good it was because it helped keep the land clean. I even pointed out that we always fill our holes when we recover items and her reply was Oh, there's digging involved ? rofl :hysterical:
    I couldn't believe she thought items remained on the surface. That's Funny right there !! rofl
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Hey Dave the pictures of the collective nine look very impressive together , i think the Cobb Collection should start to worry about competition from the new and upcomming Wise Collection now . have you looked at the new 5 to see how many different varieties yet ?? i'm thinking the the majority or all of the ones at the standing house should be the same but you never know. Hu-mungo-mega-grats again Dave
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13087.msg139511#msg139511 date=1366833969
    Hey Dave the pictures of the collective nine look very impressive together , i think the Cobb Collection should start to worry about competition from the new and upcomming Wise Collection now . have you looked at the new 5 to see how many different varieties yet ?? i'm thinking the the majority or all of the ones at the standing house should be the same but you never know. Hu-mungo-mega-grats again Dave
    i was hoping you could do the varieties? i get cross eyed counting dots Sal is right i think about the middle one being different.that was the one found at cellar hole
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

[move] [/move]

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT link=topic=13087.msg139140#msg139140 date=1366513976
    I'm not even sure today was real
    Yep, I'd expect to wake up at 7:01 AM realizing this hunt was just a dream. lol But it wasn't...

I can't even attempt to imagine having a day like this. My biggest 'Congratulations' to you Dave.

There are three detectorists I wish to trade places with... you are at the top of this list.

Thank you for this amazing one and all of your hunts. We graciously appreciate you posting this here.

The group picture Dan requested =

Quote Originally Posted by jkress link=topic=13087.msg140010#msg140010 date=1367297513
    [move] [/move]

Yep, I'd expect to wake up at 7:01 AM realizing this hunt was just a dream. lol But it wasn't...

I can't even attempt to imagine having a day like this. My biggest 'Congratulations' to you Dave.

There are three detectorists I wish to trade places with... you are at the top of this list.

Thank you for this amazing one and all of your hunts. We graciously appreciate you posting this here.

The group picture Dan requested =

thanks so much! very kind words
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

Awesome pic of them all together Dave!!! ::

Big time congrats- I also had to double check the date (4/20 vs. 4/1) lol thought for sure it wasn't true
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Absolutely fantastic hunt.... five ? are you kidding me. I have never even found ONE....great work my friend... nice little boot gun too...well deserved...
    whydah

Veteran Member

what a find. Good for you.

Congrats on an epic hunt Dave Now your best days are behind you lol Sweet finds!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold