Thread: coppery sort of a week

coppery sort of a week

so me and chrisinct have been hitting the field i had 23 coppers from last year and had a fair bit of luck.
    thay have just turned the soil for the green fingered ones among us to plant veggies and things so i thought it might be a good time to hunt a bit.
    chris hit a keeper first with an 1841 seated dime then a few wheats and buttons , then i started hitting coppers first one then another then another ........over the next three days i had 5 !!!!! and after cleaning them with a dry toothbrush i found i had my fisrt fugio !!!!! weeeeeeeeeee cant make out any date but i think thay only made them in 1787 the king george as far as i can make out is 1770 and the rest are toasted.
    i also got some realy cool medal thingie and a bloody loverly pendent !!!! perhaps some one cant offer up a date on it for me.
    yesterday night chris got his first copper out of there which to me looks like an english farthing or half penny coz its a lot smaller than the others.
    i got a great indian head penny from 1864 and some buttons .
    this field that is 100 yards long and30 yards wide has now givern up no fewer than 52 coppers along with spanish reals, capped bust dimes and loads of cool buttons.
    the ear ring was found at another site me and chris found.....looks victorian to me but could it be indian thinkingabout:.
    here is some pics.

the glass thing is what i think is a cuff link with a tiny gold rope inside.
    what sort of ct copper is the one with george 111 on del ?

Re: coppery sort of a week

great week Lee , that field has been very kind to you and Chris . i would like to see you cufflink a bit closer it looks a bit like something else to me
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

ok ill take a better photo right now, it almost looks like some ones initials inside done in gold.

That small area of land sure has been expecially nice to you guys. on finding your 1st Fugio and the other coppers. It's a shame that area can't replenish itself like a tot lot.....
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar

Very nice, congrats on some nice digs. WTG |

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Hey Lee about how big is it ?? it almost looks like a wax seal matrix to me , you know the kind back when they would seal the letter with wax from being opened . most i have seen have a large cut glass stone sometimes they have images carved on them or initials but the two i have only have flat stones.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

its about 1/4 inch across of a little less , cut stone but there is no ingravings on the stone just the tiny gold rope inside.
    it seems to be set in pewter.

Great field and finds! Congrats!
    The best treasures are the lasting friendships we make.[img width=47 height=70]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af176/idigther/Detecting%20finds/0439c987.jpg[/img] using V3i, IDX Pro, Coinmaster Pro, Surf PI Pro DF mod, Sov GT, Excalibur 2, Fisher CZ 21, Garrett AT Pro - I'm ready! Where shall we go?

Candidate Member

Great job Lee and Chris.
    Chuck

V3i

Incredible finds, Lee!

Congrats on your first Fugio! That is a terrific coin!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

hey those are some really nice finds...

Great finds. You got one sweet field there.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Bunch of awesome finds Lee! on a great days hunt! What a field!
    2012 count: 99 silvers, 3 V Nickels, 4 War Nickles, 2 Gold Rings, 17 Silver Rings, 6 Buffallo Nickels,2 silver braclets, silver cross: 2013 1 Silver, 2 Silver rings, 1 Sterling Neckless with heart charm