Thread: Standing Libertad type coin

Standing Libertad type coin

Found in a farm field says Libertad which is Spanish for Liberty has an uncanny resemblance to a SLQ can't seem to find out where it is from. It is copper and 28mm in size. Other side is virtually slick.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Re: Standing Libertad type coin

The only thing I can find about it is a couple of instances on other forums where people have found them, but nobody seems to know what they are.

[url=http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=73308]http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7330/url]

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...tad-token.html

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Well those look like it Tony Diane's is copper though not silver like the one example. One of those mystery things.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!

Hey Tony, that's the ugly sister of the hot chick on the SLQ! She's not as good looking as her big sister so she ended up on a copper, one-sided, Mexican coin! rofl
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger link=topic=13126.msg139521#msg139521 date=1366844328
    Hey Tony, that's the ugly sister of the hot chick on the SLQ! She's not as good looking as her big sister so she ended up on a copper, one-sided, Mexican coin! rofl
    Well Dave her looker sister showed up as well ....I just need some light to get a decent picture! You will see her soon!

That is a nice find. It looks like there are four legs ,and two arms coming out of the same side.Its different thats for sure. Somebody out there has to know something about it.

It looks like a horse facing front, left-side and the 2 legs on the left are the horse's...

Good luck getting an ID!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat link=topic=13126.msg139563#msg139563 date=1366898029
    It looks like a horse facing front, left-side and the 2 legs on the left are the horse's...

Good luck getting an ID!
    Aw Tana she looks a bit better than a horse... lol Actually what appears as extra legs is actually the folds of her gown! from some other posts I believe it is a token and or play money...what ever cool I will be posting some more from this hunt and you will see a prettier lady too!

Super cool copper find!

Looks like an SLQ from behind.

From the first example Tony posted... your coin represents exactly
    what might be expected from viewing the obverse of an SLQ from behind. If you know what I mean.