Thread: SLQ, merc and interesting item

SLQ, merc and interesting item

Got this SLQ with a solid 00 27-28. No warble and thought it was a can or car part, but not htis time. 2nd quarter for me this year.yeah.
    Dug this merc at another park. Located even another I am certain is a silver dime butburied in or under a MAJOR tree root network and cannot get it out.
    Found this charm not too far away, I would guess that it is silver but a bit tarnished...not sure why. It did come up as a possible IH or dime.
    And I also got another quarter/half-dollar hit and it turned out to be this item. Thought it was a pocket watch, however, it's too light. WHilest putting it in my pocket, the face plate came off. Appears to have a wick and fill nozzle with gauze inside....I wonder if this was some sort of hand held light, An old fashioned flashlight?
    Sure like a guess from others out there.

I actually tried using some discrimination today,....down to 25. What I noticed is that I can move along a bit faster, but will need more time to adjust to the difference.

Anyway thanks for looking.

Aaron
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Re: SLQ, merc and interesting item

Pictures are a bit blurry to tell anything....

But on the otherhand, Nice job on the SLQ. I still have yet to score the 1st real silver of 2010. thumbsup01
    Garrett ACE 250 - Whites Bullseye - 9 x 12" Coil

Better pics..looks like its says 1431 joanne d'arc 1431
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Candidate Member

Thats some nice finds Can you make out any writing on the lighter? Could be religious and maybe used in a church to light candles. Did it come from the same place as the median?
    Get a drywall saw for them roots and go back after that other silver thumbsup01

Cool stuff, lighter is neat. Keep us updated on what it is exactly. SLQ is always a great find, congrats. thumbsup01
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Those are some great finds, Aaron. A very nice mix, and all of them keepers. Nice going.

I love that thing, whatever it is. You said it was a lighter?

Congrats on the silver!!!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Holy cow! Get that thing posted over to the What Is It section. That is a really neat find. Good job on the SLQ. Congratulations.

Jack
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer