Thread: First trip to my old school

Candidate Member

First trip to my old school

Well today was my first real day out with the F4 i got from Cody and i was pretty pleased! my oldest find was a 1952 wheatie and then a 55... i got a couple of coppers and a bunch of clad... not bad for my first time out

But the find thats got me a bit curious is this....

it hit HARD and was 3 inches deep near the old swing set that has been gone for 20 years... The tarnish on the back and the weight of it makes me think its silver... Its a pretty nice design... what do you guys think??
    Fisher F4, alloy trowel, Springfield XD9
    Oldest find to date (1920 Wheatie 5/28/13)

Re: First trip to my old school

Looks Silver to me. Might want to get it tested. You can get the acid kits real cheap online. Got mine through amazon. Wheats are nice. Good first trip.
    I like your avatar too! Lodge 503, Laurel, Ms.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats
    Oldest coin 1899 Barber Quarter
    Fisher F75 LTD, Garrett ProPointer, Springfield 1911
    “Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero”……HORACE

Candidate Member

I was gonna ask you if you were a traveler Cody Lincoln Lodge #78 here and VERY proud to be a Brother! Im trying to figure a good place to go today and search i got a few possibilities but one i need to find the owner... the property is now farm land but was the original location of enosburg vt from the 1750's been vacant since the early 1900's just fields now that have not been used other then pasture land for the last 30+ years... I think i know the farmer But there is a couple of other public lands im thinking of hitting... Ill be posting pics of what i find... im excited to find my first silver coin...
    Fisher F4, alloy trowel, Springfield XD9
    Oldest find to date (1920 Wheatie 5/28/13)

Nice bunch of finds for your first hunt with a new detector! |

That Faith item does look like silver to me.

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I gotta agree that the Faith item does look silver. Very nice 1st hunt and wishing you more great hunts. Thanks for posting
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album