Thread: hockey puck coil question?

hockey puck coil question?

I went on the minelab web page about trying to find the smallest coil know to man for the etrac!And ive came to a conclusion i have one heck of a detector but one terrible coil!Minelab does make a good machine.The etrac is good!I did take dennis advice and clean the coil out at lunch time i still had a problem i had a nice solid 12-44 signal and no joke dug 5 holes and did not find the object.It was a phantom signal and my coil cover and coil are completely cleaned out!I did then pulled out my t2 and looked for the signal bam right there in the hole.So im man enough to admit when im wrong and i was dead wrong.Atleast about the machine not the coil.Im in the process of looking for a minelab hockey puck coil since im in love with the extreme ly small coils!

Re: hockey puck coil question?

I did see kellyco had a 6 inch coil for 130 bucks or so!Has anybody had problems with this little coil with phantom signals?

SUNRAY 5 and SEF 6X8 have been available for years... and for the record the stock coil ROCKS !!!
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Elite Member

At first I hated my x-5...now I love it ...I mostly just use it now
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Good to know rob!Thanks.Im toying with the notion of buying the small coil for the etrac but im going to do a 2 week experiment first

the 5 inch sunray is a great little coil the only drawback is it takes forever to cover a small area and you tend to go to fast you really have to slow yourself down dennis