Thread: Saturday May 4th, 2013 - Cellar Hole Hunt

Saturday May 4th, 2013 - Cellar Hole Hunt

Hello all...

6 of us from our detecting club descended on 3 well pounded public cellar holes... One was near the road, one a 1/4 mile in, and the the 3rd was closer to 3/4 mile back... 4 of us started at the furthest one in... We waslking around the site quickly and all got to is... i was behind the cellar hole and worked a line to the well... Iron, iron... Nail... then at the edge of the well I got a repeated conductive signal of 33 repeatable in all directions. There was iron around the target, but the 1 inch wiggle on the target sounded good... Depth... 2 inches... hmmm.... Did I get lucky or was this a ghost signal from all of the trash around it...

Its a large dandy... no... Its a copper :-) Bust Left so its a KG II and looks like the last digit is a 7... 1737 *shrug*

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

I worded this site for a good 3+ hours... I got a buttons, suspender clip, boot clip, lots of shotgun and copper casings, etc...

We took a little break and I moved up to the front hole by the road. I meet up with everyone and we shared finds... Buttons, Thimbles, and various relics were shared... No other coins surfaced yet...

I worked around this hole and circled outward and got a fair conductive target of 25 at 4-5 inches... and recovered a Jews Harp...

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

Respectfully,
    CTDirtFisher (Paul)

Attached Images Attached Images      
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Re: Saturday May 4th, 2013 - Cellar Hole Hunt

Nice pile of colonial relics there, Paul! It looks like you also found the clasp to a coin purse?

Not a bad looking KG II, at least it is identifiable. That's always a plus. Way to eek out a nice find from a hunted out cellar hole.

Good job!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo C

From the land of the Bluenose.....never say never as no place is really hunted out. Congrats! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=13253.msg140541#msg140541 date=1367937842
    Nice pile of colonial relics there, Paul! It looks like you also found the clasp to a coin purse?

Not a bad looking KG II, at least it is identifiable. That's always a plus. Way to eek out a nice find from a hunted out cellar hole.

Good job!

Tony... Yes that is a clasp from a change purse... but no change :-( Whats with that *tapsfoot* :-)

I was glad there was some detail on the KG II... I know not to many coppers come up with decent detail, but I like at least enough detail for a coin ID... and i got that in this case

Thank you sir :-)

Paul
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Nice digs! Always good to see a Georgie rescued from the dirt. I'm still looking for one of those mouth harps.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Doing the one inch wiggle really paid off. on the KG and the Jews Harp is very nice
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Very nice finds.
    2013 28 Silvers
    2014 6 Silvers, 10 Wheats