Thread: Learning to use my E-Trac

Candidate Member

Learning to use my E-Trac

Had my E-Trac about 2 weeks now and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Went out to a ball field/playground last week and found the first silver for the year. I have noticed my coin count has gone up quite a bit too. There is a tot lot at the field I went to and I wasn't expecting to find anything but new coins there. I hunted the lot, which was covered with wood chips, and found the usual clad and memorials. Then I moved away from that location to a grassy area about 10 feet away. I found 2 old Mason jar lids and thought, this might get interesting. I next signal I got was a 1915 - D Barber Quarter. Boy! Was I surprised! stretcher: Then about 5 feet away from that, I dug a 1944 Wheat penny. Both of these coins were about 8 inches down. It was getting late so I had to leave but I'm headed back as soon as it quits raining. I love this E-Trac!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Learning to use my E-Trac

congrats on your finds with a little time your finds will only get better that e trac is a great machine and you will come to love it even more dennis | |

Wow, that Barber Quarter is beautiful!

Without question, the E-Trac will treat you right! After using mine for two years I am still blown away at how it is able to finds old, deep coins at hunted out parks.

You are doing quite well with your E-Trac after only two weeks.

Congrats on all those finds, especially the wonderful Barber Quarter! |
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Great find on the barber quarter! And, yeah it looks like your doing it right. Don't hold out much hope for those Mason jar lids. I've found over a dozen and someone removed the jar of coins from all of them. >:/

GL/HH
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

It's a shame you're setting the personal detecting bar so low. thumbsup01

I bring my etrac and my t2 on hunts together the etrac for the coins and the t2 for the awsome pin pointing skills they work good with each other!I find a really cool signal with the etrac then i lay the etrac 10 feet away then i grap my t2 with the hockey puck coil and i finds it like super fast and in a extremely small spot and i dont have to dig 4 large 9 inches craters in the nice perfect grass it makes the home owners and park district superintendents happy!E trac good for deep silver t2 good for pin pointing sometimes to the centimeter win win atleast its working for me both machines are top notch machines,just the t2 hockeypuck coil is superior on finding things to the millimeter!Im happy with this approach!

you should have your detector checked out it is under warrany right none of the people on this forum has had the trouble that you have talked about i for one have no trouble pinpointing is it possible you have a problem with your coil

I did get those 2 silver quarters that settled me down!

Candidate Member

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. Happy Hunting to all! |