Thread: When will the U.S. get smart?

When will the U.S. get smart?

When will the U.S. do like Canada and get rid of pennies (and dollar bills too). Some days i feel like i'm single handedly trying to thwart a plan to remove pennies from circulation by some evil doctor who tosses handfuls all over Americas parks and schools. I want to find $1 and $2 coins when i hunt! So it doesn't cost me $10.00 for gas to find $3.46 in clad. crying01 crying01 < you're smart!
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime

Re: When will the U.S. get smart?

In Canada a lot of the coins are magnetized, so they pick them up by dragging a large magnet in waters where people swim. I guess that they do pretty good from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZR link=topic=13270.msg140661#msg140661 date=1368142759
    When will the U.S. do like Canada and get rid of pennies (and dollar bills too). Some days i feel like i'm single handedly trying to thwart a plan to remove pennies from circulation by some evil doctor who tosses handfuls all over Americas parks and schools. I want to find $1 and $2 coins when i hunt! So it doesn't cost me $10.00 for gas to find $3.46 in clad. crying01 crying01 < you're smart!
    It costs you $10 in gas because gas has value and US money has none.
    It costs 2.9 cents to make a $1 bill
    It costs 2.9 cents to make a $100 bill
    What's wrong with that picture?

Quote Originally Posted by RaZR link=topic=13270.msg140661#msg140661 date=1368142759
    Some days i feel like i'm single handedly trying to thwart a plan to remove pennies from circulation by some evil doctor who tosses handfuls all over Americas parks and schools.
    rofl

I know someone like that. lol Send Tanacat a PM. She knows the story and might even tell you who did it.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Why would they want to get rid of pennies then our coin roll hunters wouldnt have nothing to do on rainy days!