Thread: weekend finds

weekend finds

well friday i got out for a few hours in the morning and it didn't produce much i did get a button and a neat rose motif woman's cloak clasp but the chain wasn't attached and a nice older ornate silver plated spoon . saturday Coinnut and i had a spring swing hunt with a bunch of great guys from another forum , i wasn't expecting too much in the finds department but was looking toward seeing these guys again and having some laughs and we did . it was a great time and a perfect spring day here and i did come away with some goods a couple of buttons , a couple of brooch pins ( nothing special) and two coins .a 1737 King George II copper and a very nice 1831 large cent (my third this year) , haven't had time to clean them yet. watch out Coinnut i'm breathing down your neck in the copper totals.

thanks for looking

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Re: weekend finds

Great finds Dan! I was wondering how you guys did today
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    saturday Coinnut and i had a spring swing hunt with a bunch of great guys from another forum , watch out Coinnut i'm breathing down your neck in the copper totals.

thanks for looking

Dan
    Stay away from my neck lol I'm letting you catch up so you don't pout like last Saturday when I got the two coppers

It was a great hunt and Jeff always has a good bunch of guys go. It was nice to meet Randy from our forum from Pennsylvania. I had a good time even though I couldn't get my coil over any coppers lol I'll post my incredible finds tomorrow
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

All very nice finds, Dan, but that large cent is especially beautiful! It must have been a very fun hunt.

ya did well Dan thumbsup01 very nice finds as usual.everyone may wanna send mikey some get well wishes.i guess doing yard work he was bitten by a tick and has lyme disease. scary man
    Just a little motivation for everyone to protect yourselves more while hunting thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

The Large Cent looks real good Dan.Was another good day to be out in the woods.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

WOW that Large Cent has ALOT of detail. NIce job! Looks like you guys had a load of fun!

Dan the Main Colonial Man, rofl

Yaaahhhooooooo! Those coppers definitely turned out very nicely. That KG has my Colonial blood wanting some more. We got rained out this Sunday, but we are getting out Thursday. I think we will get on a new site. I just hope we can beat the plant for one more week. Then we will be hitting hay fields and possibly some pastures.

It is good to see you pounding out the coppers. We are all having another copper year. Great job and send my regards to George.

Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Great finds Dan! I was wondering how you guys did today
    Angie , George and i left at 4:30 am got there around 6:20 hunted all day except for lunch and a few hours talking
    to friends , we weren't back home until after 8 last night .
    we had alot of fun there was about a dozen coins found from a King George I half penny to a 1909 vdb wheat
    penny , one guy found a very cool 1787 Mass. half cent . Jeff R (who's a member on this forum) really did a superb job
    organizing the hunt , grilled some tastey food and still had time to find some very decent goodies in the field.
    wish i could say George had as good of a time as me , but lets just say
    he did win an award that day for Most Determined he had a rough day as the detecting gods were
    toying with him by giving him some very nice signals only to let him down with lincoln memorials , wheaties and junk.
    i suspect he'll comeback with a vengence next weekend to kick my butt in coppers

and yes it was very nice to finnally meet ya Randy , get back to that field you were telling us about.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    All very nice finds, Dan, but that large cent is especially beautiful! It must have been a very fun hunt.
    thanks Angel , the coins were found on a pitched slope so they came out pretty nice.

Dave , Jesse , John and Kirk
    thank you Gentlemen

Dave , Jesse , John and Kirk
    thank you Gentlemen

OK I know the courtesy of the thank yous and all that but to go as far as Gentlemen,common now.
    For every relic that rots away........a piece of history is lost.

Ok, here are my incredible finds from the hunt lol... Lots of junk dug, 2 wheats 1912, 1913, railroad seal, and 2 nicer buttons. The Tombac has a nice sprig design on it. It was a great time had and Del represented us well thumbsup01 I knew he could do it so I could slack lol Thanks again Jeff R. for the hunt.

Yes indeed Del, beautiful coppers!
    We had a great day to be out digging dirt (and finds of course).
    Coinnut will be back after letting us try to catch up... rofl

Here are a couple of my finds.
    A counter stamped farthing or 1/2 penny and a watch fob.

Veteran Member

It was great meeting up with you guys, and was a great hunt Jeff. My specialty is hunting modern day shotgun shells, so I concentrated on those and left the coppers for everyone else lol

My best find of the day was this button with little gold and silver workings.
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Ok, here are my incredible finds from the hunt lol... Lots of junk dug, 2 wheats 1912, 1913, railroad seal, and 2 nicer buttons. The Tombac has a nice sprig design on it. It was a great time had and Del represented us well thumbsup01 I knew he could do it so I could slack lol Thanks again Jeff R. for the hunt.
    hey could you ever make out what the huge aluminum token or coinlike thing was or about the designed tombac is
    pretty cool too. hey thanks for going with me up there enjoyed the company and conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff r View Post
    Yes indeed Del, beautiful coppers!
    We had a great day to be out digging dirt (and finds of course).
    Coinnut will be back after letting us try to catch up... rofl

Here are a couple of my finds.
    A counter stamped farthing or 1/2 penny and a watch fob.
    thanks Jeff , i think that fob should win the best relic and the counterstamped farthing is pretty neat as well . hope you can figure out who the stamp belongs to and thanks for setting up the hunt thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01 it was great time and alot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    It was great meeting up with you guys, and was a great hunt Jeff. My specialty is hunting modern day shotgun shells, so I concentrated on those and left the coppers for everyone else lol

i don't know Randy , i had a whole bunch of shotgun shells too as i was gettig pretty good at it. ( sometimes i hate knowing what your gonna dig up next)
    lol lol but the buttons there keept ya honest a few times that one is an oldie with some gilt still holding up , very nice.

hey could you ever make out what the huge aluminum token or coinlike thing was or about the designed tombac is
    pretty cool too. hey thanks for going with me up there enjoyed the company and conversation.
    Yea, I think it was a world's fair token. Front said World's Columbian Exposition and had the Administration building on it, the reverse has a ferris wheel on it and partially said Mechanical achievement and the bottom had all the numerical info on it, weight in tons, size, engine mfg company and power, etc.. Probably from 1893 Chicago world's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post

Sweet button. Nice amount of gilt left on it. I think we all had our training on shotgun shells lol I dug 18 of them and I must admit I left some for another day I was great putting a face with a name. Hope you hit the spots you talked about, and can cut some of that grass lol

wow guys great finds!!!!!!!! Del that large cent looks great and all those relics . That's a day I like to see again?
    " What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"