Thread: Little me and a coin.

Threaded View

Right in the centre of England (i hate the sea)

Little me and a coin.

Hello people, Just registered to say hi and more importantly get your opinions on a coin a friend of mine has aquired...

A bit about me....
    Been detecting since 1994 and still love it just as much as the day I started. Detect mainly in Oxfordshire, Worcestershire, and the Cotswolds. oldest find to date would be a Celtic Dobunni stater minted around 50BC....In my childrens eyes only about 100 years before I was born Probably the easiest way for you to get a an idea of me would be to list the the thing in America that i would most like to see....(in no specific order)....
    1. The old Zephyr skate board shop. Venice beach.
    2. The corkscrew at Laguna Seca.
    3. Gettysburg National park.
    4. Dealey Plaza.
    5. The Motown museum in Detroit.
    6. Del Mar skate park..although I hear its no longer there??
    7. That mountain type thing from Close Encounters in Wyoming *updated to include getting there on a Harley*
    8. Anywhere that looks like the scenery in various old cowboy films.
    9. The Bonnevile salt flats.
    10. A Rattle Snake by one of those big cactus things.
    11. A rolling tumble weed in the desert....which brings me to my next question..where do the tumble weeds end up?? is there a massive wall somewhere in the middle of the USA where they all collect?

Now..the coin in question and my reason for being here...a friend of mine works for an auctioneers and was given a box containing coins from one of his clients. Among these was this one....I know what its suppose to be but my question is, Is it fake or real Thats where you come in, I have not seen the coin first hand, so am unable to say what the edges look like. sorry

oh and before you ask....
    1. No I have never met the Queen.
    2. Yes i have electricity.
    3. No I dont live in a Castle or house with a thatched roof (sadl
    y)
    4. No i dont throw waste out of upstairs windows and yes I have a toilet (indoors)
    5. Yes there is a U in colour
    6. I like my eggs boiled and have no idea what sunny side up means
    lol

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for your replys.

Jon.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Alea iacta es .... and so ended the Republic.