Thread: Late Afternoon Silver

Late Afternoon Silver

Today I made a late afternoon run to a local park and detected for nearly two hours before it began to rain. It was a productive hunt though, as I picked up five silver coins before packing it in.

The Barber quarter has a 'D' mintmark, as does one of the Roosevelt dimes.

I also found eight wheat cents. They are not in good shape though.

Re: Late Afternoon Silver

Boy some of them Barbers can get black Nice group of silvers. Indians seem to be harder to hit lately Lots of wheats though. That rain will make next hunt even deeper. At least you got out for a hunt.

Great day again . Its hard for me too wrap my head around the amount of silver you still have in the ground in your neck of the woods. I know I've said it before but I certainly hope I can figure out my V3 and sniff out some silver in my parks like you do in yours.

Are you going to remove the sulfide from those Barbers using your tin foil and baking soda technique??

Dynamic hunt. Big congrats on the trifecta too. Well done my friend.

Nice coins, the Barbers almost look like beach digs!
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

you know Angel when me and George get to be very old men and can't hike the miles out in them woods to cellar hunt
    anymore we were looking forward to park detect for that silver , wheats and gold . heck maybe that silver was going
    to suppliment our income and social security but after seeing all the silver your finding in the area , we'll have to find something else to do (like pick up cans or sell blood or even rent out George for slave labor) because i think it will be a waste of time to park hunt . i hope you
    can live with yourself

seriously great coins , my friend

Quote Originally Posted by xzlr8n View Post
    Great day again . Its hard for me too wrap my head around the amount of silver you still have in the ground in your neck of the woods. I know I've said it before but I certainly hope I can figure out my V3 and sniff out some silver in my parks like you do in yours.

Are you going to remove the sulfide from those Barbers using your tin foil and baking soda technique??
    Thanks, xzlr8n. I will be removing the sulfide from those coins using that method.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    you know Angel when me and George get to be very old men and can't hike the miles out in them woods to cellar hunt
    anymore we were looking forward to park detect for that silver , wheats and gold . heck maybe that silver was going
    to suppliment our income and social security but after seeing all the silver your finding in the area , we'll have to find something else to do (like pick up cans or sell blood or even rent out George for slave labor) because i think it will be a waste of time to park hunt . i hope you
    can live with yourself

seriously great coins , my friend

I may have to resort to the picking up of cans myself. Maybe I should get a head start with all the can slaw and crushed cans I come across now while detecting.

Very nice day. Again.

I would ask you if you sometimes initially -- before really looking at the coin -- mistake those black barbers for clad, but I know you can tell from the tone before you dig them up

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Very nice day. Again.

I would ask you if you sometimes initially -- before really looking at the coin -- mistake those black barbers for clad, but I know you can tell from the tone before you dig them up
    Oh no, there is no mistaking them for clad.