Thread: A FIRST for me and Coppers and IH's

Threaded View

A FIRST for me and Coppers and IH's

Got out this am with Dave (Heavymetalnut) and Todd (Thiltzy) they came down to a couple of my sites. Not too long after we got there we started in a little penned area near one of the cellar holes. I was getting a solid 38-39 on the Safari showing about 4 inches. (I hadnt zeroed in on the exact depth yet) I called Dave over and he checked out the signal......nice signal but about an inch and a half. I wasnt expecting too much at that depth but it turned out to be an 1875 Seated Half Dollar (silver #65 on the year) in great shape. It was my first Seated that was bigger than a dime. We worked in that area for a little bit then moved on in search of another hole. Couldnt manage to find that one so we were on the move to another hole and came accross a barn foundation in the middle of no where. Todd got on the board at that site and I started working away from the barn on the other side of the path and hit a couple indian heads (1895 and the other is pretty smooth) we stayed there for a bit and ventured to the other hole. At the other hole I managed a couple buttons and a wiped copper (probably a KG) we stayed at that hole for a bit as it was giving up some targets then worked back to where we started. I told Dave and Todd I had to be home early since on Sunday I only usually go out for a bit in the am so I can spend some time with the family. I told them they could stay as long as they wanted and I headed back toward the car......of course on the way to the car I get a nice solid 39 at about 6-7 inches and pulled an 1821 Matron Head.......Great way to wrap up the day. Glad Dave and Todd could get out this way to hunt.......It was a great day and everyone walked away with some keepers.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    2015 YTD $4.96 Silvers (16) Buff (3) V Nickel (4) IH (4) Gold (1) Minelab Safari and ProFind