Thread: Backthorne Resort Lost Treasure Weekend..

Backthorne Resort Lost Treasure Weekend..

Hello all...

This past weekend was a great time at the 7th annual Lost Treasure Weekend at the Blackthore Resort in the Catskills (NY)...

There were 4 seeded hunts and 5 scheduled natural finds hunts... We also had a list of places (pages) to go anything we wanted...

The staff was great and food was good to amazing... I meet folks from all over the country (mostly Northeast)...

Friday we visited 5 locations with 2 school busses full of folks... We had from 60-90 minutes at each location with Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner included... It was 90-93 - Brutal heat... I drank 100+ ounces during the day...

I was able to recover 11 items from the seated hunts including: $5 Silver Certificate, 1 Oz Walking Liberty Silver, Kennedy 40% Half, 1967 Mexican Un Peso (10% Silver), 1922 Mexican Un Peso (72% Silver), Silver War Nickel, 2 Merc's, 2 Buffalo Nickels, V Nickel, and a pocket knife...

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

At the first Natural Hunts I recovered a couple of suspender buckles, an 1865 Indian head Penny, 2 Wheaties, a Makeup case...

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

The next night's Natural finds hunt was at a pounded site called the Yellow House... We hunted right up until it was dark... 1918 Merc and 1919 Wheatie...

[attachimg=6]

On sunday after the last seeded hunt and lunch we hit 2 locations... The 1st one was a bust so we spent almost 5 hours at the next site until sundown and our tongues were dragging on the ground... We were dog tired... but it was worth it... I recovered 3 buttons, a Sterling Bracelet, 2 Mercs, a Buffalo, 4 Wheaties, and a pile of clad... I dug the most amount of pulls tab I've ever done at one location... The ground at this location was a wet very sticky mess... kind of like that plumbers stuff...

[attachimg=7]

I plan on going back next year... The social aspect was just as much if not more fun that all of the detecting... Not stop action, good food, toss in a bunch or raffles, and a few doubles of single malt scotch was the right recipe for a memorable weekend :-)

HH ALL!

Paul

Attached Images Attached Images        
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Re: Backthorne Resort Lost Treasure Weekend..

sounds like a fun time,but it is a bit to far for me to go,it's nice to know your had a good enough time that you are going again next year..
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Paul i'm glad you had a good time but i'm really surprised that theres any natural finds left in the area , they've been hosting these hunts for quite a few years now . hundereds of detectorists have been going to this resort each year but have heard that they do treat the folks very well while they are there.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=13463.msg142467#msg142467 date=1370380433
    Paul i'm glad you had a good time but i'm really surprised that theres any natural finds left in the area , they've been hosting these hunts for quite a few years now . hundereds of detectorists have been going to this resort each year but have heard that they do treat the folks very well while they are there.

Dan
    Hey DAN !! There are lots more goodies there for natural finds... I hope Matt chimes in... I know he recovered CT Copper, 2 1860's IH's, 5-6 buttons, buffalos... a very nice 1923 Bank Letter Opener, and other goodies... but yes we were treated well... The facilities are a little rustic room wise (50'-60's type camp rooms), but the dining facilities were more modern and the food was great... Alcohol was pretty cheap (they charged me $6 for ever double of a single malt scotch... Bottles of beer was $2)...
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

sounds and looks like a great time was had by all congrats on both dennis

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of the Bluenose.....
    man that must have been a blast. Never too a seeded hunt before. Take care and good hunting. <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

on a great sounding weekend. The booze prices alone should get most people excited. Sounds like you went from sunup to sundown and were rewarded with some good finds.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album