Thread: Deus users at AD?

Deus users at AD?

Just curious how many Deus users we have here at AD? Did a search, found a few threads... Not enough interest to get it's own subforum I guess? I have recently started using a Deus and it suits me well. Still not much experience so I come looking for knowledge with little to offer in exchange. Previously I was swinging an Etrac with 6 coil and the Deus is WAY less fatiguing on my bum neck. Found gold the first weekend out but still no silver. They say Version 3 will be out soon so I am currently hunting with little emphasis on VDI as I think the numbers will change. Yesterday the ground was like a rock but we got a little rain this morning so hope to head out soon and dig a pile of canslaw and beaver tails. thumbsup01
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

Re: Deus users at AD?

hey Diggler
    I know of only one or two members here that have or have used one , I've seen many people on other forums get one and use it . they seem to have it and like it for a while and then for some unclear reason most give them up for something else . I hope you find some more experienced users and do well with it and let us know how you do with it and what you do like or don't like about it .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks for reply. It seems to be more of a Euro thang... I guess partly because it was introduced there first and not easy (or cheap) to get in the states for a while. Long term who knows, but right off the bat I love the ergonomics/weight. The wireless headphones work great for me too. I normally use the one ear Killer B Stinger's so I can hear my surrounding and because it gets so hot in Texas with both ears muffed in the winter. The behind the neck wireless headphones breath really well. They are also extremely lightweight and since they don't cover the entire ear, allow me to hear my surrounding. The fast recovery speed suits my style better than the Etrac did. I can still move slow if needed but usually just slow down after a blip to examine. I also like the ferrous indicator. After having that feature on the Etrac for a few years it would be hard to do without. The VDI numbers are not normalized when you switch frequencies. At first I thought this was a bummer, but was alerted to a system of ID'ing bottle caps by swapping frequencies. This may all change with Version 3 but who know... So far I am still in the honeymoon phase and really can't think of anything to complain about. But if I do I will let everyone know. Sun is shining bright so I better get going!
    Happy hunting, Ron

Candidate Member

I'll be monitoring your posts with interest. I recently came very close to buying a Deus because of the light weight. I backed away because it seems that most users say they rely on the tones and pretty much ignore the visual data. I'm hearing impaired so the tones are the least useful clues for me. For now at least, I'll stick with the somewhat heavy but trusty E-Trac. Please keep us informed of your experiences.

Storm
    Life is an adventure. Don't miss it.

Heard a lot of good things about it, like the fast recovery in nails. The only negative things I heard was that it does not ID well after 6 or so. Also I think the batteries are hardwired in. It does look light though and that is a good thing for sure. lol I had an offer from a member that lives close by to try his, but I don't have the patience or time to learn another machine
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Well I dug a mountain of clad this weekend and neck feels pretty good. I hit a couple football fields that were no older than the 1970's looking for jewelry. No precious metals this time but maybe $15 in clad (too tired to count). A couple weeks ago, when I just got the Deus, I hit an older school and found a tiny 14k ring, go figure... Yesterday I was pretty much digging everything and got a few trinkets and tokens. Today I morphed into semi-cherry-picking mode trying to at least get a silver ring and ended the day with just a bag of clad. I could have passed up some gold today but tried to dig the consistent from all angle signals. Also tried to avoid zincolns but dug plenty just in case. I guess around 8 it gets harder to distinguish a Lincoln from a dime but I would dig either of those based on sound anyway. Here are a couple pics from the hunts mentioned. The ring is a super-macro shot and it actually tiny, like 1.3 grams.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Forgot to mention... One of areas I hunted, just to test the Deus in heavy iron, was the site where some really big bleachers had been torn down. Were talking 20 signals per sweep. I was easily able to pluck out high conductors from the mess but moved to greener pastures after a short while. Have had the same success in similar (and even worse) areas with the Etrac using a 6 coil but had to move slower.

Nice hunts Diggler. I have heard good things about the Deus in iron. What does it weigh, about 2 pounds?

I have heard the same good things about it in iron and have been tempted for that reason alone. I hope you will continue to report your experiences with it Diggler. (By the way, nice gold ring - small or not!) |
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Ha ya just over 2 pounds with the control attached. Another reason I got the Deus was for gold. I found a few gold items with the Etrac but nothing small. The Deus hits hard on TINY low to medium conductors. Where I live there is not much silver coinage to seek, not like up north. Plenty of gold gets disc'ed out by most diggers around here. Of course always looking for an edge but that edge is usually just to dig more signals in likely areas. After the newness wares off I could find myself reaching for the Golden uMax with the Cleansweep coil like I usually do on most hunts. Who knows, maybe Version 3 will finally give a detector the edge on plucking gold from the sea of trash?

I've been hearing about that version 3 for a while now. I guess it's a free upgrade? Let us know what's in it when you get it. Gold is way better than silver anyways lol

Quote Originally Posted by Diggler link=topic=13504.msg142873#msg142873 date=1370826468
    Ha ya just over 2 pounds with the control attached. Another reason I got the Deus was for gold. I found a few gold items with the Etrac but nothing small. The Deus hits hard on TINY low to medium conductors.
    That is one bad thing about the E-Trac. It is a silver magnet, but it's not so fond of gold That's why I got the Sovereign GT - now if I could just get out there and learn it :-\

If we start seeing more Deus posts I'll put a subforum up.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Looks like XP finally got around to releasing Version 3. Should be available for download any day now. I am excited but sorta irked off that the warranty just got extended from 2 years to 5 years and I missed it by only 3 weeks! Dealer said not to wait that I could just download V3. Can't blame him, I am sure he had no idea. Maybe XP will make an exception. Here is link to the new features:
    http://xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/blog/

Thanks Diggler. If all of those upgrades work like they say, there will be a lot of happy Deus users lol Sounds like they put a lot of effort into what the customer wanter.

Good news is XP extended the warranty to 5 years for anyone that has bought a Deus since January 1, 2013. Woohoo! | As for the V3 upgrade they say 8-10 days. Took it out for a another spin yesterday for a couple hours. I was mainly just experimenting in trash with different frequencies, no significant finds, just experience. One feature I was missing from the Etrac was the full tone range. V3 has it now, I guess 100 tones, so I am thinking that will be the most helpful feature for me.

Right in the centre of England (i hate the sea)

Hello Diggler, I've been using the Deus for about 3 years now, never have I had so much faith in what a metal detector can find. The iron recovery is superb, I mainly detect Roman sites which invariably end up becoming iron infested due to occupation etc etc.
    I have started going back on to old sites I have searched for many years and thought had become baron..How wrong I was, the Deus has done me proud....Ive even almost convinced the wife it was worth the £1300.00 I paid for it

There is a very good UK XP forum site that I can give you the link for if you wish.

As for the V3, V3.1 update I have had read very mixed reports and certainly for the time being i will stick with V2.
    Also the new 11inch coil is starting to be rolled out which will probably be my next purchase.
    Alea iacta es .... and so ended the Republic.