Thread: Other uses for our detecting skills and tools

Elite Member

Other uses for our detecting skills and tools

I have been thinking about different ways on how metal detecting impacts our daily lives....

1) Picking up dog poo on the yard: the method used in gridding in detecting has made me very efficient at finding and removing dog poo in the yard. lol

2) Superb landscaping tools: The shovels are great for digging holes, and are of superior quality to what you would generally use, and a leche is great for cutting through landscape fabric and digging your hole

3) A detector is a great tool to have: It's great for when you lose that screw or nut that you MUST have on your lawnmower >:/

4) Knowing your area: In driving around trying to find locations to detect, you get to know the area better and thus know places you wouldn't otherwise know about...like restaurants, etc.

Please add your own!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Re: Other uses for our detecting skills and tools

Rob, love that....you are absolutely right. I have discovered more small towns driving around, and have met some real interesting characters and all pretty helpful.
    You can never have too many pugs....