Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dig Wars....

Dig Wars....

Wondering if anyone watched this show, and what their impressions were?
    You can never have too many pugs....

Re: Dig Wars....

The best part of the series is that there are only 6 episodes so it should pass quickly.

dvr it, on to late for me. will let you know after I watch it

i agree with your review on your blog.a little too much bragging about how much in value they dug in past.no emphasis on dangerous ordinances and the t-2 sounds while using a minelab? i laughed at that one.
    the over enthusiasm which was scripted.i think all these guys are way more down to earth & humble than how they were made to portray themselves on this show. I think rather than monetary value (which the other 2 shows use) they should place a historical & rarity scale instead.
    overall a step above the other 2 shows i think
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

I haven't viewed it yet, but I hope it's free to see lol I'm more inclined to watch someone dig a complete cellar hole with all the bordom attached than a scripted show lol But that is just me. If I cross paths with it I will watch it once
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I felt uncomfortable watching, like I was doing something I didn't want to be doing. I guess I put myself in the action, detecting along side the cast, and I just wanted to distance myself from most of the situation. Ron was the least goofy of the 6. I have been watching him for a while and he seemed not totally comfortable either. I watched a couple episodes of Diggers and can't bring myself to watch it again. I will watch Dig Wars again if only to see how Ron behaves in the next episode. I don't know him personally but I sorta feel bad for him. And yah, the sound editing was hilarious. They do that same thing with motorcycles all the time.
    Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - Deus

I think Dave pretty much summed it up! Did anyone notice that in the second episode that when Abby was detecting she came up on a open hole and pushed the plug back in. Glad to see she filled in a hole, but why did someone leave it open? Anyways, not a fan of all the dollar values and agree with Dave it should be judged by historical significance not $$$. They need a historian to judge not an antique dealer. I about puked when I heard the minelab. I did find it funny when they planted the pennies for the other team, I've done that before. Dirt Diggler is already being used on another forum. Alright that's my honest opinion.

Apparently they didn't have any of the participants present when they were doing the editing.... At least I hope not. Also wonder how they chose those in the show?

I still say White's will be hard to beat with their top notch series on detectorists this episode features Jimmy Sierra.one of my idols and a wonderful man.
    Treasure Hunting America Episode 101

a show such as this definitely holds my interest and is well done
    Treasure Hunting America - Episode 102
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

Jimmy Sierra is indeed a class act, and an extremely knowledgeable treasure hunter. Too bad more people today are familiar with him Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Stout link=topic=13539.msg143274#msg143274 date=1371338978
    Jimmy Sierra is indeed a class act, and an extremely knowledgeable treasure hunter. Too bad more people today are familiar with him Dave.
    I agree Dick. thumbsup01
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers

It seemed there were more heros in the old days. More passion for the hobby and less on the value of things. It's an adventure not an income. I still get excited when I go out to hunt.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I heartily agree Coinut, but then I am much older and maybe just want to go back. My latest post on my blog mentions a few of the oldtimers, but I received only one response so I guess it is indeed just me.

I remember Hardrock Hendricks, Karl von Mueller, Richard Ray, Charles Garrett, Glenn Carson, Abe Lincoln, etc.... Was privileged to know a few of them, and it was a different era for sure.

http://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/...-if/#more-5400

Just checked out 5 min of it online. I'm glad I gave up television long ago.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

is it scheduled to air again anytime soon , because its ChicagoRon i'd like to view it and form my own opinion about the show.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=13539.msg143291#msg143291 date=1371346121
    It seemed there were more heros in the old days. More passion for the hobby and less on the value of things. It's an adventure not an income. I still get excited when I go out to hunt.
    There's a value to what we find? ...I thought it was just sentimental value 8/......I've never sold a thing, don't plan on it, unless my family needed it to eat.... lol

I too am always excited for the days adventure and what may be found....or not.... >

But it is entertainment television....my only concern is all those people who go out and buy detectors thinking it's like that, or the general public who thinks we are getting rich off their land. >:#
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Some of the best entertainment has been reading the abyssmal reviews on other forums.

Now I see they have gotten so bad the administrators are starting to pull the threads and bury them in obscure locations.

Do I sense a little string pulling going on there?

Sorry Nickelhead I am sticking with it...

[url=http://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/dig-wars-3rd-episode/#more-5478]http://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/dig-wars-3rd-episode/#more-547/url]

Dick , the best technology at play here is the DVR.
    In my area the show is in conflict with Top Shot , a far more entertaining and talent dependent reality show where the contestants have to actually demonstrate their prowess with their particular tools , instead of just relying on bragging rights. Some of those who compete are just joe 6 pack types that have proven they can hold their own with the pros--an interesting concept for this detecting show.
    After taping Dig Wars I can fast forward through it to watch the entertaining and interesting 8 minutes, now that's technology at it's finest!!!

Hey Nicklehead, I am in agreement. Dig Wars leaves a lot to be desired, but it's a notch above the others as of now. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and will watch all the forthcoming episodes. If they do not live up to MY expectations I will be sure to share my feelings on my blog.

DS
    http://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/