Thread: More coins from my First Wheat Park

More coins from my First Wheat Park

Went out around 12:30am for a 2.5 hour hunt at my local beach park and came home with a few modern coins and a game token. For every 1 coin I dug 2 nails/screws/iron. You guys find so many old coins , I cant seem to break into the early 1900s. Any suggestions?

Re: More coins from my First Wheat Park

you just have to do your homework if you live in a area with a lot of fellow detectorists you have to find areas that others ignore try to find those places that people gathered in the past and the old coins will be there good luck dennis

Research, research, research. Living on the East Coast helps a lot too as people have been here a lot longer.

If/when you go to those hunted out places, head right for the worst areas; steep hills, weeds, thorn bushes, trash areas. These are the places least likely to have been pounded by other they're harder to hunt but I've had success doing this in places that have been pounded for years.

Good luck!

Yep, go where no man has gone before. I wonder where I heard that line before lol Sometimes the yard next to the old house is ignored since it has a newer house on it. But it was once part of the older houses lawn
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

From the land of the Bluenose.....dig and they will come! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

you are doing ok for the newer coins,what I do for older coins is find older homes
    in the late 1800's and early 1900's and get permission to hunt private yards, thats
    where the virgin area's are for old coins.hope this might help you find better places to hunt.
    M6 / DX-1 / 6x10 DD & M6/DX-1/ stock coil
    Pontiac IL.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm searching for a new detector everyday, something with iron discrimination and something I can use in saltwater. Im digging so much iron. The HEADHUNTER PIRATE finds metal period. Very little difference in tones from iron to silver, ect. Discrimination is little help in my test garden. Any suggestions for a detector. I have a high budget as Ive been saving for months.

do your homework on machines what features you like and if they will benefit your style or places more than others. It seems every machine falls better into its own niche , no machine is better at all aspects of the hobby.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album