Thread: CTX3030 Edit question

CTX3030 Edit question

I hesitated to post this question because I'm sure there is probably a really simple answer but after reading and re-reading the manual and searching the web, I still having found what I'm looking for so here's my question.

I have been using the CTX on and off for about two months now (also still using the e-trac) and still not sure how to edit the current mode. From reading the manual, it appears that you have to re-select the mode from the menu every time you want to edit something. Is there any way to edit the currently loaded mode directly? It seems to me that if you have to reload a mode every time, you lose any small changes you already have made.

Thank you for any help.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Re: CTX3030 Edit question

I don't know that this means anything to anyone but I figured out what I was doing wrong. When going to the mode menu, scroll down to the currently loaded mode indicated by the red icon to the left and press the select BUTTON. This brings up the next menu. Go to the edit command (not the select command) and press the select BUTTON. This will bring up the current settings. I was getting confused and thought that I needed to re-select the mode before editing. I came to that conclusion because at some point I tried to use the edit line but could not. Apparently I had chosen a new mode and had to select it first before I could edit the mode.

I guess I must be slow because I have not noticed anyone else with this issue but I figured I would post my solution in any case.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e99 link=topic=13283.msg142445#msg142445 date=1370351193
    I don't know that this means anything to anyone but I figured out what I was doing wrong. When going to the mode menu, scroll down to the currently loaded mode indicated by the red icon to the left and press the select BUTTON. This brings up the next menu. Go to the edit command (not the select command) and press the select BUTTON. This will bring up the current settings. I was getting confused and thought that I needed to re-select the mode before editing. I came to that conclusion because at some point I tried to use the edit line but could not. Apparently I had chosen a new mode and had to select it first before I could edit the mode.

I guess I must be slow because I have not noticed anyone else with this issue but I figured I would post my solution in any case.
    You haven't noticed anyone else post about it 'cause the want to remain anonymous. lol Sometimes software engineers and the general public see the menus in two different worlds. I've had mine for a while and I still have to think about some of the way they do things.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=13283.msg142623#msg142623 date=1370567875
    You haven't noticed anyone else post about it 'cause the want to remain anonymous. lol Sometimes software engineers and the general public see the menus in two different worlds. I've had mine for a while and I still have to think about some of the way they do things.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your reply. As a long time programmer the menu didn't make sense to me and after I solved my issue with it, I tried to wrap my mind around what logic they used to do it that way. In any case, your post at least assures me to some extent that my mind is not getting too soft with old age.

Thank you for replying.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Maybe Minelab is using Oracle software. That would explain the most counter intuitive of programming. lol
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

rofl
    :hysterical:

Nice!

thumbsup01
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030