Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby fans??!

Derby fans??!

I know there are some KY people here....

Woo hoo!!!! I just won big on Super Saver!

I knew that horse was going to win. I bet a win for him (I also bet a trifecta, boxed, with Lookin' for Lucky, Super Saver, and Ice Box, and didn't miss by much on that). Super Saver is from a farm here in Versailles where I live.

I never bet on horses... I had to sit through a class at work on how to bet on Kentucky Derby horses. From that I just had a really strong feeling so I decided to try.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Re: Derby fans??!

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    I know there are some KY people here....

Woo hoo!!!! I just won big on Super Saver!
    I'm not from Kentucky (you people don't have any places to metal detect) lol So I'll stay right here But winning big bucks on a horse is a universal language Congrats on your winnings, beats finding some of the trinkits I found today thumbsup01 Which race is this?? Part of the triple crown?
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

I'm not a big fan of the KD, But there sure is a lot of history behind it.

Congratz on the Winnings!
    Garrett ACE 250 - Whites Bullseye - 9 x 12" Coil

Grats on the win, Epi! I went to the Oaks yesterday with the wife, and we bet the Derby while we were there. I bet a Trifecta also, with Super Saver, Icebox and Devil May Care... if only the filly had run where I thought she would, I'd have been a winner too - she just had a bad trip, looked like to me.

With all the rain forecast today and tomorrow, it's nice to have a local distraction to fill in the day

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    I'm not from Kentucky (you people don't have any places to metal detect)
    I missed you George! I've been MIA...

Congrats on the big win Angie!!! Enough to take me to Red Lobster for lunch? lol

Well, I grew up here in Kentucky with parents that are hard-core Derby fans. They and their friends go to the in-field every year, red wagons loaded up with canopies, chairs, food and drink (in the old days they had NUMEROUS creative ways to smuggle alcohol in there). I went one time with them to the in-field in 1980 and won $30 on Genuine Risk (girl power- bet on her because only filly). I was only 12 yrs old, a bit too heavy on the party scene; akin to Mardi Gras drunken craziness & show your @#$$% going on everywhere. So I didn't go to in-field again until I was in college.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

I'm not from Kentucky (you people don't have any places to metal detect) lol So I'll stay right here But winning big bucks on a horse is a universal language Congrats on your winnings, beats finding some of the trinkits I found today thumbsup01 Which race is this?? Part of the triple crown?
    Which race is this?? lol Come on George, don't care where you live. The Kentucky Derby! lol I know they cover it nationally

What do they call it? The most exciting two minutes in sports or something like that.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Quote Originally Posted by Geekwinkle View Post
    Grats on the win, Epi! I went to the Oaks yesterday with the wife, and we bet the Derby while we were there. I bet a Trifecta also, with Super Saver, Icebox and Devil May Care... if only the filly had run where I thought she would, I'd have been a winner too - she just had a bad trip, looked like to me.

With all the rain forecast today and tomorrow, it's nice to have a local distraction to fill in the day
    Yes, the filly was a great horse but she had no shot in the Derby.

The weather was terrible. It was raining here during the Derby but it did clear up in Louisville just before the race. The track was horrible slop though.

The drive through betting at Keeneland was insane. I avoided Lexington Road all day.

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post

Congrats on the big win Angie!!! Enough to take me to Red Lobster for lunch? lol

Well, I grew up here in Kentucky with parents that are hard-core Derby fans. They and their friends go to the in-field every year, red wagons loaded up with canopies, chairs, food and drink (in the old days they had NUMEROUS creative ways to smuggle alcohol in there). I went one time with them to the in-field in 1980 and won $30 on Genuine Risk (girl power- bet on her because only filly). I was only 12 yrs old, a bit too heavy on the party scene; akin to Mardi Gras drunken craziness & show your @#$$% going on everywhere. So I didn't go to in-field again until I was in college.
    Enough to take you to Red Lobster for dinner! lol

There you are Tana. Glad to see you again! We need to make some plans. Hopefully with the others too.

rofl rofl rofl Ouch that hurt

Which race is this?? lol Come on George, don't care where you live. The Kentucky Derby! lol I know they cover it nationally

What do they call it? The most exciting two minutes in sports or something like that.
    Hmmm. The only thing I can think of from Kentucky that rings a bell is some guy named Jack Daniels (Charlie Daniel's brother) rofl

Hmmm. The only thing I can think of from Kentucky that rings a bell is some guy named Jack Daniels (Charlie Daniel's brother) rofl
    Tana, I think we need to fly George to Kentucky for a vacation. lol

Hey Angie congrats on the win lady. Good on you. thumbsup01
    Minelab ETrac,Whites BH-ID, Fisher F2, Vibraprobe PP,Bullseye II PP.

rofl rofl
    No George not the Danials boys
    Charlie is from North Carolina.
    I think they're talkin' about chicken in a bucket rofl
    Congrats on the big win Angie thumbsup01
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    rofl rofl
    No George not the Danials boys
    Charlie is from North Carolina.
    Congrats on the big win Angie thumbsup01
    I think you are right! thumbsup01 rofl rofl ummm chicken and some Daniel's drink Now that's a metal detecting meal lol

Tana, I think we need to fly George to Kentucky for a vacation. lol
    Yeah Angie, he'll prob be shocked that we'll be wearing shoes! rofl And have skyscrapers! And oh my gosh, maybe one of us will even be wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt! lol (versus some country singer)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    We're joking about this, but it's really kinda sad how us Ky folks are stereotyped by movies like Deliverance and Coal Miner's Daughter... I've lived in other states and have heard the wierdest things/common misconceptions about and shock- for example the things I said above. Those three examples I actually heard from people while living in Boulder, Colorado... lol I was wearing a Zeppelin t-shirt and the person said I didn't think you'd even know who they were
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

lol Yes there are a lot of stereotypes about KY. What's funny is that Lexington is one of the nicest, wealthiest, sophisticated cities I've ever been in. There are a lot of very intelligent people here and the stereotype is just that.

I think only the hillbillies are single though. My requirements in a date have gone from fairly picky, to no twang accent, and he must still have his front teeth rofl

We're joking about this, but it's really kinda sad how us Ky folks are stereotyped by movies like Deliverance and Coal Miner's Daughter... I've lived in other states and have heard the wierdest things/common misconceptions about and shock- for example the things I said above. Those three examples I actually heard from people while living in Boulder, Colorado... lol I was wearing a Zeppelin t-shirt and the person said I didn't think you'd even know who they were
    Deliverance didn't that take place in Georgia you mean it happens in Kentucky too. lol lol and Coal Miners Daughter wasn't that West Virginia hey George you were right they have no place to detect and they forget alot too. lol lol lol
    hey just for the record i'm just kidding Tana and Angie and anyone else from Kentucky , i don't need any hate mail or death threats lol lol lol

and just to prove i pick on everyone George Jack Daniels is made in Tennessee you blockhead with all the times you've
    hugged the porcelin thrown you think you'd remember that. lol rofl rofl

"Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post

and just to prove i pick on everyone George Jack Daniels is made in Tennesee you blockhead
    Lynchburg, Tennessee? Next thing you will be telling me is the colonel is not really a colonel? Geeze Del, lighten up will ya rofl
    And what's this Led Zeppelin stuff? Everybody knows it's the Monkeys all the way lol

We don't make Jack Daniels here. We make bourbon. We make bourbon for the entire world with one hand, while enforcing dry county laws with the other. lol

Sorry Tana. Don't kill me! lol I'm just teasing along with these two troublemakers. They will never really know what Kentucky is all about I dare them to come here and find some coppers. Lots of history here.