Thread: Louisville Parks

Louisville Parks

Can someone please bring me up to date on this situation? Suspect nothing has changed but any info will be appreciated.

You can never have too many pugs....

Re: Louisville Parks

I'll be there over the 4th of July. Do I need to worry about digging??

Yes, they are all off limits as far as I know.
    You can never have too many pugs....

It is illegal to metal detect in any Louisville park.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Elite Member

But...feel free to let your dog poop in them and not clean it up, or litter....these will not be enforced, because no one ever calls the police on you for these. And just because you pay taxes to maintain these areas, doesn't mean you have a right to use them for recreation, even thought that is what they were meant for...your recreation is not equal to that of others as defined by the establishment. Forget about the fact that you take out old rusted objects and nails and glass that could cause harm to others, most significantly to kids. >
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Quote Originally Posted by RobW link=topic=13590.msg144012#msg144012 date=1372262592
    But...feel free to let your dog poop in them and not clean it up, or litter....these will not be enforced, because no one ever calls the police on you for these. And just because you pay taxes to maintain these areas, doesn't mean you have a right to use them for recreation, even thought that is what they were meant for...your recreation is not equal to that of others as defined by the establishment. Forget about the fact that you take out old rusted objects and nails and glass that could cause harm to others, most significantly to kids. >
    I hear you! verreaction:
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1

Well, I was down thbere over the 4th of July. Didn't hit any parks, just by brother's yard and a couple of neighbors. very friendly people!
    We're talking about Louisville, KY, right? If so, it's a shame as there are lots of great looking areas.

Yes, unfortunately, Louisville Kentucky (I live in Lexington). From what I've heard, the friendly people become a lot less friendly when they see a metal detectorist in a park....

I think it only applies to Louisville proper, though. If that's the case then the suburb area parks might be okay. I would guess there may be something of a trickle-down effect though.