Thread: More clad

More clad

This is not very interesting but I returned to the site from my last post and pulled out another bunch of clad

64 quarters
    54 dimes (including one really mashed one)
    60 pennies (including 2 wheats which gave me hope of finding some older silver but never happened)
    1 Susie B. dollar (needed some variety) these are not nearly as pretty as the old silver dollars

Still no silver coins or rings so I think it's time to go back to some more interesting locations.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Veteran Member

Re: More clad

good haul there ,
    |
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

nothing wrong with hunting clad we all have at one time or another looks like you did well always good for gas money r something dennis

That is an obscene amount of clad. I refuse to believe there isn't a ring or something else good at that spot somewhere. Maybe it's hiding beneath one of the nickels you aren't digging....

ps - I just looked at the totals again and my knees started to hurt just thinking about it!
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e99 link=topic=13595.msg143722#msg143722 date=1371851170
    This is not very interesting but I returned to the site from my last post and pulled out another bunch of clad

What's interesting is that you still have an arm left That is a lot of digging. It won't take long to pay off your machine or the mortgage for that matter lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

that sure is a lot of digging. I would have :white: at about 1/4 your clad total. I still believe that there is some silver there.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

$23.00 in Clad -

Paul
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=13595.msg143754#msg143754 date=1371898148
    that sure is a lot of digging. I would have :white: at about 1/4 your clad total. I still believe that there is some silver there.
    The first day I was at that site, a high percentage of the targets were at the 5 to 7 inch depth which surprised me (that's deeper than I normally find most of my clad). The second day a lesser percentage were at that depth. The rest were down two or three inches so I didn't have to cut plugs (just some fancy picking with the digger so I could quickly recover the target). Of course there were about a dozen surface finds (nice shiny new quarters). It still was at a point though where I was getting concerned about cutting too many plugs but fortunately the ground was still moist from all the rain we've had and the soil was nice and black so the plugs stayed together and went back in with little to show that it was disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by z118 link=topic=13595.msg143729#msg143729 date=1371858750
    That is an obscene amount of clad. I refuse to believe there isn't a ring or something else good at that spot somewhere. Maybe it's hiding beneath one of the nickels you aren't digging....

ps - I just looked at the totals again and my knees started to hurt just thinking about it!
    Still scratching my head regarding the nickels. I really have to work on that. As for silver, I think that my ears and my brains got so use to the quarter sound that I may have subconsciously blocked out anything else, especially if it was a week signal from a deep target. That was a problem of hitting too many quarters (at least for me on these two hunts).

Quote Originally Posted by CTDirtFisher link=topic=13595.msg143756#msg143756 date=1371898712
    $23.00 in Clad -

Paul
    Combined with my first day the total was $41.64 which blows my mind. I usually can't cover the cost of a candy bar but I could actually buy a meal with this money (assuming they want nasty looking coins )

Thanks again and good luck hunting to all.

Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030