Thread: Rings and Silver

Rings and Silver

I had Saturday morning free and although the forecast called for on and off showers all day I took a chance and headed several towns over to an old school I had hunted the weekend before. It was pouring when I started driving but had stopped by the time I arrived. The hunt started pretty slowly but after a bit I dug an odd ring. It looked like gold coming out of the dirt, but there is no stamp other than a little arrow inside the band. It has a large stone but it is chipped and cloudy. The ring tests positive for 10k with my acid kit but I'll try to have it verified at a jeweler. A short while later I pulled a nice sterling ring. The two rings had me quite pleased but I was really hoping for some silver coins from this spot and I was a bit puzzled at the lack of them. I had to take cover in my car for a while as a heavy downpour came through. It cleared up a little and I got back at it. I'm glad I waited it out because after a bit more hunting I dug a '46 Rosie and a war nickel in nice shape other than a nasty gash in it. All in all it was a nice hunt.

Sunday I only had a bit of time between family obligations so I was only able to hit a few local spots. I managed a bit of clad and a few wheats and older nickels.

I'm already looking forward to the 4th... hopefully I'll be able to get in some good digging over the holiday weekend.

Happy hunting...
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

Re: Rings and Silver

on waiting for the rain to go away. The ring looks like gold to me. Nice silvers and it looks like a pile of wheats on top of that. The clad looks like a hefty haul, if I dug that much I couldn't walk for a week.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

|
    Nice hunt(s). That war nickel is in amazing shape. Too bad about the gouge. And I'm no expert but that the diamond setting on the gold ring looks old. That ring may have some age to it.

on some nice finds.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Nice finds for sure. Good job.
    Bob-Bristol, Wisconsin
    Minelab CTX3030__6" Smart Coil__Minelab Explorer SE Pro__Minelab Pro Find 25
    Garrett AT Pro__4-1/2" Super Sniper Coil__5" X 8" DD Coil__9" X 12" Concentric Coil__Garrett Pro Pointer
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger__4" Gold Nugget Coil

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo Z

From the land of the Bluenose.......days like that now a days are few and far between. A most outing day with the rings and quota. Youz da bouy! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Nice finds Z. The rings are different looking and interesting. Cool looking round stone in one of them. Great hunt
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Great hunt Z , you got a little of everything there . |