Thread: ++++EBAY SHILL BIDDING++++

++++EBAY SHILL BIDDING++++

Beware of buying detectors on ebay. There are many scumbags on ebay shill bidding and driving prices up on their own items to rip you off. Look it up on you tubeSHILL BIDDING to educate yourself!

Re: ++++EBAY SHILL BIDDING++++

yup very true been going on for years now , thats why i only bid as much as i'm willing to spend for the item , i'm not in a competition to win the item. I rarely go on there anymore as theres fees for everything now and people trying to make money on the shipping now days .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

They take shill bidding seriously on eBay - anyone who gets caught doing it is pretty much banned from there. It can be a hard thing to prove, though.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I just noticed that a md i was bidding on was spiraling out of the realm of a used item. Then I realized that the bidder had no feedback and only bid on this one sellers items. 50 bids in 30 days , all on this one guys items(metal detector, car parts, gun holster, barbie playhouse, ect). It was easy to spot after I knew what to look for. I guess Im going to have to buy a new detector as other avenues for purchase are no longer legitamate.

what were you looking for jaxtabking??
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by jaxtabking link=topic=13745.msg145004#msg145004 date=1373777395
    I just noticed that a md i was bidding on was spiraling out of the realm of a used item. Then I realized that the bidder had no feedback and only bid on this one sellers items. 50 bids in 30 days , all on this one guys items(metal detector, car parts, gun holster, barbie playhouse, ect). It was easy to spot after I knew what to look for. I guess Im going to have to buy a new detector as other avenues for purchase are no longer legitamate.
    I would not say that for sure at this point..... It's not the norm.

On the other hand, I think that if you are looking to buy a used metal detector, ebay is not the way to go. If you want further info on that please send me a PM. Good luck!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I was looking for an E-trac, Spectra v3i, Excalibur II or something similar.