Thread: Silver Ring

Candidate Member

Silver Ring

I tried to post a picture of the ring, but when I hit preview it doesn't show up? whats the trick?.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Roy
    Xp Deus,Explorer II, GTI 2500, AT Pro, Detectorpro pinpointer, Garrett Pro-pointer, Vibra-probe, Vibra-Tector probe

Re: Silver Ring

looks good ,do you have any idea how old it is and if it has a stamp on it.

I see the photo just fine, and that ring is a real beauty!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Candidate Member

Yes it says .925, I don't have a clue as to the age, but looking at the cross on the ring, it reminds of the 60's hippy era.

Roy
    Roy
    Xp Deus,Explorer II, GTI 2500, AT Pro, Detectorpro pinpointer, Garrett Pro-pointer, Vibra-probe, Vibra-Tector probe

I'm to young to be a hippie but thinking its way older than 60 s .but I don't know what im talking about , nice find though.

sorry for too many posts is it brazed together or is it a solid piece?

Candidate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pocketsofdirt link=topic=13779.msg145414#msg145414 date=1374189541
    I'm to young to be a hippie but thinking its way older than 60 s .but I don't know what im talking about , nice find though.
    It does look old, that type of cross was displayed a lot on motorcycle helments, paint jobs and jewelry.
    Lots the hippies live in communes, in large tents along the river banks here in south Louisiana. Free Love, lots of drugs and general togetherness.
    They were different folks, but a lot of them grew up to be responsible people.

Roy
    Roy

Nice hippie ring lol Rings are hard to date, but you are probably correct 60's/70's
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Candidate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pocketsofdirt link=topic=13779.msg145416#msg145416 date=1374189668
    sorry for too many posts is it brazed together or is it a solid piece?
    Its a solid piece with no signs of wear. I soaked it in a mild solution of Dawn and tap water, it cleaned up real nice. The dirt that I found the ring in was trucked in many years ago (early 50's), so there is no telling where the ring came from.

Roy
    Roy

A very nice find.
    Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3