Thread: July 20th & 21st finds from my favorite schoolyard

July 20th & 21st finds from my favorite schoolyard

Saturday and Sunday I didn't have any power here due to a storm that came through here Friday evening, it put a damper on my AC so I spent some quality time metal detecting in hopes that when I returned home the power would be back on, it didn't come back on until Sunday morning during about a three hour hunt but I did notice all the Consumers trucks heading away from my area heading to another spot cause the storm had snapped telephone poles right in half around the whole south side of town, I have no Idea what all the other sides of town got because I just haven't gotten around town since the storm hit because of all the traffic lights being out etc. Anyway I figured that by the end of my 3 hour hunt Sunday that my power would be back on and when I got home it was. I spent most of Sunday after the hunt fixing my X wife's computer so I'll be heading over there this afternoon along with her computer and my metal detector cause she lives in an old farm house on the other side of town plus I'm getting a free meal out of the deal along with what she owes me for parts. There is more good news, it looks like I figured out what my DSL connect was giving me so much havoc during the power outage and that was a dead branch that had fallen onto my phone line was the main culprit that caused me all the headaches. There's no telling how long that branch was there cause when I got it down it appears that my DSL problems have come to an end. For having that doggone power outage I still had a lot of fun metal detecting.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Re: July 20th & 21st finds from my favorite schoolyard

Nice finds Larry.
    (2) Whites DFX, Eagle II SL 90, Coinmaster, DB4, PRL-1, Surfmaster II, Whites V3i, FISHER 1212x, 1225x, Garrett Pro Pointer, Wilcox All Pro #251 Digger, Sun Ray DX-1, Whites Bullseye II, Whites Auto Scan Detector

Terrific finds! |

Tell us about that ring, is it gold?

I really like that silver Roosevelt dime that has been made into a dragon medallion too!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Tony the ring says 925 SUN on it but I noticed the stones don't seem to hold any moisture when you
    give it the hot air test, I really need to get me a good diamond tester one of these days. Whoever made
    the ring was one heck of a silver smith.

Nice finds! I believe the dragon pendant is a cut out Roosevelt dime.
    2017 Totals: 21 Clad / $1.85 / 1 Silver Coin / 2 Wheaties / 0 Rings
    2011-16 Totals: 12,902 Clad / $1,094.43 / 301 Silver Coins / 590 Wheaties / 71 Rings

Excellent recoveries.....hope that they are real diamonds...
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Great finds! I really love that dragon pendant
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo G

From the land of the Bluenose.....you da man. Good outing, fixing the x's puter and such. Busy lad to say the least and glad you got out and rescued th dinkies and dewies. Good luck on your next outing and look forward to the post sir! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Sweet finds Larry! I love the ring and the dragon dime. And i'm glad your DSL is feeling better. lol

GL/HH
    2018 silver coins=4
    Silver rings=
    Gold rings=
    Wheats=11
    I.H.=
    Buff=
    Clad=$21.31
    Dollar coins=2
    CTX3030, DFX w/Bigfoot, Beachhunter300, E-Trac.
    Hunting Michigan wet or dry!
    Oldest coin ever = King George II half penny 1729-1754
    Oldest U.S. coin = 1834 L.C.
    Oldest silver ever = 1839 seated half dime