Thread: 1854 Seated dime today!

1854 Seated dime today!

Finally got out today... its been a month! thumbsup01 Headed to an old picnic grounds that Joe and I have hunted before on several occasions. I had a little luck today and found myself an 1854 seated dime. In 10 years of dectecting that is the oldest dime I've ever found. It's wore pretty bad, but you can still see the date. So I'm satisfied just finding it. Found eight other wheats, nothing wonderful, but all in all I had a good day out. It felt good holding the machine again. We wanted to post a picture of it, but between my wife and I, it didn't work out very well as you can tell, NO PICTURE! But just wanted to share my news. Thanks for reading.

Re: 1854 Seated dime today!

Nice score on the seated dime Worn or not it is old. My first seated dime was worn pretty bad. Probably lost in the 20's or 30's, but I didn't care. lol Hope you get a picture up soon. If we can help you out on posting it let us know. Usually it is the size of the picture that needs to be reduced before it can be posted. Great find
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Wow, that is a super old dime! Huge congrats on the terrific find, Ron!

An 1854 should have arrows at the date too. I can't wait to see photos of it, worn or not!

The oldest dime I've found is 1857 so you beat me by three years. thumbsup01

Man, that old picnic grounds must be a great site to hunt. I hope you and Joe find many more goodies there!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Even after 10 years the finds are still great. on your oldest dime (for now). Old picnic grounds seem to hold the goodies.

Hope we can see the picture
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Veteran Member

Great find Ron, what has become of Joe?
    Minelab E-Track ,Minelab SE, with stock coil, 10/12 sef coil , sunray 8 inch coil

silver count: 2011, 117 silvers , 20 indian heads

A month?? verreaction: Well, I'm glad you got out and scored old! <:
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew