Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What say you Kellyco

Re: What say you Kellyco

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13930.msg148001#msg148001 date=1377304380
    I agree it's unethical but it's also illegal. I checked with an attorney friend.

Harvesting emails from forums in order to spam people is also unethical. However I tend to think these things end up causing the culprit more harm than good in the long run. What goes around, comes around.
    I never would have found my Nigerian benefactor if it hadn't been for email harvesting.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13930.msg148006#msg148006 date=1377309125
    Ron, you are staff at that other forum and that's probably what happened there too.
    I doubt that very much Angie. I know how Ron's email addy was harvested and it was nothing nefarious.

Ron, buddy, I hate to tell you this. I'll send you a PM over at FMDF.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Well, I'm glad if that's the case. It happened here though.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Thanks Rudy, I go check it out.
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

Does anyone have contact Info for this Bart ? Is this a Metal Detecting Rep. or a retail outfit ? I may be looking for a lighter Detector but don't want to sacrifice quality. Anyone have any recommendations ? My 11 yr old White's XLT still works great but I need something that weighs less cause of my physical issues . I wish White's made a Lighter weight Coil in the 9.5 inch. Anyone own a Teknetics Detector ?, they look nice .
    Thanks. Sal
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Kellyco people have been joining other forums in New England as well, but not posted any discussion. Maybe they are scouting out for business or just watching the market I don't know but seems like a lot of activity. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal66 link=topic=13930.msg148121#msg148121 date=1377427740
    Does anyone have contact Info for this Bart ? Is this a Metal Detecting Rep. or a retail outfit ? I may be looking for a lighter Detector but don't want to sacrifice quality. Anyone have any recommendations ? My 11 yr old White's XLT still works great but I need something that weighs less cause of my physical issues . I wish White's made a Lighter weight Coil in the 9.5 inch. Anyone own a Teknetics Detector ?, they look nice .
    Thanks. Sal
    Sal, I bought two T2s from Bart. No problems. Pm me if you need particulars.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Candidate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=13930.msg146923#msg146923 date=1376014022
    Or they decided they didn't want a lawsuit for doing something blatantly illegal.

To me the issue isn't whether or not Bart wants the domain, but that it was being redirected in the manner that it was. And if they regret it, for whatever reason, why don't they take the redirect down?

I can only imagine what they want in terms of $$$ for the domain...
    Nothing unlawful or slimy going on here folks. Just a very common error.
    The website you folks are looking for is bigboystoys. NET
    Kellyco had lawfully and rightly purchased the domain bigboystoys.COM

This does not constitute a re-direction of any sort. Type in the correct business name, and you'll go straight to the correct site.
    Additionally, just for grins, I typed the original search phrase &quotig Boys Toys Hobbies into both Bing and Google, and the first site on each was the .NET domain.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, BHID, Surf P.I. (Plus), Prizm IV

Quote Originally Posted by wrvond link=topic=13930.msg148183#msg148183 date=1377481583
    Nothing unlawful or slimy going on here folks. Just a very common error.
    The website you folks are looking for is bigboystoys. NET
    Kellyco had lawfully and rightly purchased the domain bigboystoys.COM

This does not constitute a re-direction of any sort. Type in the correct business name, and you'll go straight to the correct site.
    Additionally, just for grins, I typed the original search phrase &quotig Boys Toys Hobbies into both Bing and Google, and the first site on each was the .NET domain.
    Thanks wrvond; I do already know all of that. You're right though, in that the term 'redirection' was not correct in this case. And, it is certainly legal for anyone to buy any domain available for sale. The problem comes with what is done with it.

No one in their right mind would think that this domain was purchased by a competing company and then directed (not 'redirected'; you are correct) to a completely different and competing web site just for no reason whatsoever. What is hoped is that people would type in the .com address into the address bar instead of the correct .net address, and end up at a competitor's site. According to a corporate attorney friend of mine, this has successfully been prosecuted in the US and elsewhere because it constitutes an effort to deceive the public. And yes, most people think it's pretty slimy to boot.

What comes up on a search is irrelevant to this and furthermore it makes sense that the .net site would come up since the pages that were indexed for Big Boy's Hobbies were from the .net site. The issue was that this other company hoped to fool people with the .com site when they type it into their address bar.

Anyway, this conversation was meant to invite this particular company to come on here and comment on this issue, defend it, or whatever, in particular because a member of said company registered here very recently and (we thought) was going to be a member here and post. But the only post made by said person was one I had to remove because it was advertising. Enough said, and perhaps this thread has gone on long enough.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250