Today I met up with midas to detect at an old site we last hit back in early June of last year. During that particular hunt I dug up from the site six coppers and a 1897-O Barber dime. John had picked up a Spanish half reale and other goodies. We were hoping for some old coins this time around as well, and we were not disappointed.

We worked the site hard, and midas managed to snag one copper, two seated dimes, and a silver Roosevelt dime. I dug up two badly corroded coppers (one is a Draped Bust large cent dated 1802), one silver Roosevelt, two mercury dimes, and two Seated half dimes, dated 1853 and 1857. They are in beautiful condition! We also dug up a couple of Indian Head cents, but they are in very poor shape.

Here are my finds from today's hunt:

The Draped Bust had been nine inches or so deep under a 3 root with smaller roots packed tightly together next to the larger root. It was impossible to dig down, so I had to dig at least seven inches away from the target to then dig sideways to scoop what I was hoping would be an old silver quarter. It turned out to be a copper, an old one, so I was happy with it, though disappointed at the amount of corrosion.

The following finds are from yesterday's hunt at another site. I dug up ten silver coins. The surprise was the 1952 silver foreign coin. It is a good looking piece.

HH!