Thread: Sidewalk/Street Project - Lots of targets and silver

Sidewalk/Street Project - Lots of targets and silver

My uncle and I hit a street project last week Friday for about four hours. I went down one side of the street, he went down the other. We ended up with totals of 15 wheats, five silver dimes, two buffalo nickels and plenty of other interesting targets with a couple tokens and some junk jewelry. Timing was just right as we had planned this day for a week or two and they just so happened to scrape off the terrace in preparation for sodding a couple of day before we got there. I think they were putting down the sod this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images            
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Re: Sidewalk/Street Project - Lots of targets and silver

Looks like you cleaned up. Nice finds.
    You can't take it with you, so leave it for me to find!

You have to love a place that keeps on giving lol Nice group of finds and some sore knees and elbows too, I'm sure Look at all them junk targets dug. That place is whistle clean now thumbsup01
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

nice haul, way to tear it up! too bad that merc wasn't a d mint
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

The goods just keep on coming. on all those keepers. What does the bottle looking thing say?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

Good job of taking advantage of an opening. Get stiff just thinking of all the knee bends....and the aftermath ice pads! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

That place gave up some nice old coins, hit it again before the sod goes down |
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1

I went to local tearouts but all I got are junk metal. At a local school sidewalk tearout I found a 1967 clad quarter and a 1972 Memorial penny buried beneath the old concrete sidewalk but no silver coins.

Quote Originally Posted by coinMD64 link=topic=14046.msg148037#msg148037 date=1377353366
    I went to local tearouts but all I got are junk metal. At a local school sidewalk tearout I found a 1967 clad quarter and a 1972 Memorial penny buried beneath the old concrete sidewalk but no silver coins.
    That's usually my finds there also lol But if you are fortunate enough to live in the oldest part of town, then you get Milco's finds
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

WOW ! Lot's of Coins. Where did you find most of the Coins, in the road or the sidewalk ? Their supposed to be doing my road and sidewalk soon so I hope to get a chance to do some Detecting. The houses were only built here in the late 50's but there should be some Silver, no ? It's worth a shot anyway, especially when it's right outside your own house. |
    Detector used: White's XLT AVATAR IS A FMDAC
    SILVER ROUND- EAGLE CLUTCHING DETECTOR OVER THE EARTH

2013 Finds so far : 4 Wheaties, ** 6 Indian Pennies ** (all found in Cornfield) , 0 Shield Nickels, 3 Mercs, 2 Barber Dimes, 1 Silver Washington , 1839 Large Cent, 1 2Center
    [url=http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=58][color=blue]click here to see

2014 Finds : Inactive for Now

Quote Originally Posted by Sal66 link=topic=14046.msg148122#msg148122 date=1377428188
    Where did you find most of the Coins, in the road or the sidewalk ?
    This neigborhood is from the late 1920's and all the finds were from the terrace between the sidewalk and street. Also checking under the old sidewalks after they pull them out is usually worthwhile. I only MD in the street in very oldest parts of town, and only if they grade down to original old dirt. Good luck on your project there!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Fantastic bunch of nice finds I love the sidewalk tearouts, especially in an older neighborhood.