Thread: Pro pointer makes V3i go nuts

Pro pointer makes V3i go nuts

I've owned both my Garrett pro pointer and Spectra V3I for two years now.

For about the last month when I am searching a hole with my pointer for the the my V gets very noisy.
    On different days it seems the distance I have to place the V away from the pointer changes.
    Somedays I can have the V two feet to the side of the hole and somedays I have a to put the V behind me to quiet it down.
    Somedays it doesn't seem to interfere at all , but not often.

I have pretty much been hunting in mixed mode pro with a few minor adjustments or the past eight months.

I don't understand why after all this time this is occurring now?

Any ideas ?

thanks Chris

Re: Pro pointer makes V3i go nuts

That sounds like a real pain.
    I have never had it happen myself. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.
    Have you tried to use your detectors filter as you would with any outside electrical interference?
    I will check back to learn the answers for myself that remedy your problem.
    Best of luck, John. :->

Whites VX3 - Blisstool LTC64X V3

I'm wondering if its something in the pro pointer. I have 2 of them and one of the two makes my Vision go crazy, but works ok with my DFX backup machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder link=topic=14055.msg148013#msg148013 date=1377314487

Have you tried to use your detectors filter as you would with any outside electrical interference?
    I will give that a try and report back.

Chris, same exact thing is happening to me right now! Although as my propointer is acting up in other ways I attribute the new incompatibility to the propointer. I wish they made an inline for my T2.

By chance is your propointer periodically ringing even when no metal is present?
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Check the batteries. I have a second set of rechargeables, cause sometimes they act up when they get low. But I have also found that different locations dictate how sensitive my machines and pinpointers are to each other.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Why not simply toggle the V3i into Menu mode before laying it down before using the ProPointer? I've done that as standard practice to avoid constant re GB-ing by the V3i, but it quietens the noise from the Propointer at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=14055.msg148086#msg148086 date=1377390191
    Chris, same exact thing is happening to me right now! Although as my propointer is acting up in other ways I attribute the new incompatibility to the propointer. I wish they made an inline for my T2.

By chance is your propointer periodically ringing even when no metal is present?
    I never get a beep from the pointer unless near metal,so All is well on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=14055.msg148086#msg148086 date=1377390191

Hey Drew, im not sure if this with help you but sunray makes an inline for the F75, Sunray FX-1 is the part number.
    Primary machine: Fisher F75 SE Black
    Killer B's Camo headphones
    Oldest coin: 1652 Massachusetts pine tree 6 pence

If your pro pointer is chatering when out of the gound, open the cap and placesometing on top of the battery to force it in tighter when the cap is screwed back on. I have several and they all had the problem until I did this

The PP is emitting electronic waves so it make sense that if the coil is near the PP then the v treat it as emi, at least that's how I see it. It does the same thing to me.
    Minelab Manticore / SPECTRA V3i, Pro-Pointer II. Lesche Digger.
    Oldest Copper: 1694 William & Mary Halfpenny. Oldest Silver: 1663 1-Reale
    Cob.

My Album

Pinpointers give out a spurious frequency and I think they'll probably affect most detectors that are sensitive and are a threshold machine. My V3i and MXT are both affected by my Bullseye II and it's worse yet when I'm near a propointer. Heck I can even hear through my headphones when I turn my camera on and off.

If you think it's bad with a Propointer, don't even think about a Vibra-Probe. They are PI and mess with everything.
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

Quote Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
    If you think it's bad with a Propointer, don't even think about a Vibra-Probe. They are PI and mess with everything.
    My Vibra-Probe makes my AT PRO go NUTS!
    Minelab CTX 3030
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab GoFind 60
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    Garrett AT ProPointer
    Garrett Recovery Tool
    Stealth 720i Sand Scoop
    Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer
    Land and Sea Pinpointer
    Lesche Digging Tool
    Lesche 40" Shovel
    Lesche Piranha Shovel
    2007 Jeep JK to get me to where the treasure is!

My Youtube Channel! American Digger in Europe:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanDiggerInEurope