Thread: Friday Hunt

Friday Hunt

I didn't know what to expect after my last hunt although I was pretty sure it wouldn't be repeated. Not many targets at this site but it does give up a few nice finds. I can only imagine what was found by the folks who got to detect it first back in the days. In any case, about 2 hours into the hunt I manage a seated dime <: which is only my second so I'm pretty happy. The coin was covered in dirt BUT this time I carefully flaked off a bit to see the silver underneath after which I put it in my pocket and cleaned it at home. It appears to be in pretty good condition and a year older than my first seated dime.

Thanks for looking and as always, good hunting.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Elite Member

Re: Friday Hunt

...she's a BEAUT!
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Veteran Member

Very nice find!

You're on fire, Bob!

What a nice seated dime! Not much wear on it at all. It must have been dropped not long after 1877. It even has the raised ridge at the top of the rim on the obverse, a high spot that would have been the first thing to wear off.

Man, that handshake from Dan really did give you some good luck! lol

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=14163.msg148922#msg148922 date=1378500794

Man, that handshake from Dan really did give you some good luck! lol

I was thinking the same thing after I found the seated dime. I'm thinking of a big hug next time I meet him. lol Maybe that'll bring me some BIG silver lol
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

Go gettem Bob. Very nice looking seated as Tony said.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Thats one sweet Seated Liberty |, great detail left. I agree with Tony must have been dropped before 1880!
    Whites M6, Eclipse 6X10 DD, Sunray DX-1

some one give that man some [size=1t]water ....

because he's on [size=1t]Fire

huge congrats on the Seated Bob sweet looking lady

"Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

...and nice pictures too! thumbsup01
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Very nice seated! It's in great condition.

Great looking coin If I knew Dan had magical elf powers, I would have shook his hand years ago lol Hey, if you hug him, he may even let out some gold :hysterical: Not often someone new to the hobby can say they have 2 Seated coins Great job!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e99 link=topic=14163.msg148913#msg148913 date=1378495261
    I didn't know what to expect after my last hunt although I was pretty sure it wouldn't be repeated. Not many targets at this site but it does give up a few nice finds. I can only imagine what was found by the folks who got to detect it first back in the days. In any case, about 2 hours into the hunt I manage a seated dime <: which is only my second so I'm pretty happy. The coin was covered in dirt BUT this time I carefully flaked off a bit to see the silver underneath after which I put it in my pocket and cleaned it at home. It appears to be in pretty good condition and a year older than my first seated dime.

Congrats on a great looking seated,looks like some of Dan's magic touch rubbed off on you. Best of luck the rest of the season too.....HH

Yikes! Two seateds in as many hunts! That is something to be giddy about, no doubt. It seems no you are the one with the luck! I was only able to get out for one short hunt this weekend and it was a bust.

I'm going to ask what you have always asked me... How come you never to me to this great new spot on one of our hunts together? HMMMM lol lol
    Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Sovereign GT - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Tesoro Compadre
    Oldest find - 1804 Draped Bust Half Cent

I missed this post. Great score on the seated dime1 Never gets old digging old silvers
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Nice finds that seated is in great shape.

That's a sweet one
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e99 link=topic=14163.msg148913#msg148913 date=1378495261

It seems most don't expand the searched area enough,try the nearby woods for the real oldies!Hope you get some capped bust stuff to show us too! Good luck and HH....

Very Nice! Congrats and HH
    XP Deus, Sovereign Elite, Pro Pointer and a Lesche Digger. 2014 Totals Silver coins 8, Silver rings 4, Gold 0, Clad about 10 pounds worth.