Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Y.T.C. club member hunt

Y.T.C. club member hunt

One of the guys (Roger M.) in my club got a bunch of us Y.T.C club guys together on a whim for a hunt , about 9 or ten of us made the trip out to Rhode Island and hit a couple cellars and Mill site. It went pretty well as many coppers were found ( Mass copper , Connecticut copper ,Vermont Copper a William III copper and a few large cents ) and two silver coins ( a Spanish half reale and a seated half dime ) plus a slew of buttons and relics.

heres was my take plus a about a 10 buttons from last weekend with George .

the pinwheel designed cuflink button is made of tombac and a first for me this seated half dime makes my third ever (second 45 ) so far and it was very exciting to see the small silver disk once i opened up the four inch hole .

the shoe buckle is a plain frame ( working mans buckle) but a nice complete one that moves pretty freely it was about 15 inches down in the moist dirt and definately one of my deepest found . it was nice to see some of the guys in the club and meet a couple new ones ,thanks Roger for the invite |)

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Re: Y.T.C. club member hunt

Dang... top shelf finds Dan! Congratulations.

I sure wish I was close enough to be a Y.T.C. club guy. A big congratulations to Roger M. for making this great hunt happen.

Love the half dime and the working mans buckle. Congrats on your 3rd half dime. The 15 inch target is an awesome find... spectacular.

Sounds like a fantastic hunt for everyone.

Very nice hunting there Dan. Of all the 1/2 dimes minted you get two 1845's...what are the odds?

Very nice buckle and the tombac pinwheel button is very cool.

From your description of the finds from this hunt it sounds like a very successful one..... of all of you.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I love that buckle, nice simple buckle but great! Half Dimes are always great finds as well as the other relics, nice hunt!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Wow, what a great hunt! The cuflink button is really cool along with the other finds! Congrats on the little silver half dime!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Awesome finds Del.Btw what's YTC?
    CTX 3030,E trac,T2 SE

Quote Originally Posted by jkress link=topic=14172.msg148992#msg148992 date=1378619642
    Dang... top shelf finds Dan! Congratulations.

I sure wish I was close enough to be a Y.T.C. club guy. A big congratulations to Roger M. for making this great hunt happen.

Love the half dime and the working mans buckle. Congrats on your 3rd half dime. The 15 inch target is an awesome find... spectacular.

Sounds like a fantastic hunt for everyone.
    thanks Joe , the buckle being that deep was sounding like a deep iron falsing but anything that pinpoints over 6 inches i dig it . or at least open the hole once i did it sounded loud and clear like a big copper or silver. once i was past the 7 inches i had a good feeling it was a buckle but was shocked at final depth.

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff link=topic=14172.msg148998#msg148998 date=1378640015
    Very nice hunting there Dan. Of all the 1/2 dimes minted you get two 1845's...what are the odds?

Very nice buckle and the tombac pinwheel button is very cool.

From your description of the finds from this hunt it sounds like a very successful one..... of all of you.

Al this was after a lot of the guys had gone over the area first but Matt an I still picked up a couple of keepers. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bell-Two link=topic=14172.msg148999#msg148999 date=1378643419
    I love that buckle, nice simple buckle but great! Half Dimes are always great finds as well as the other relics, nice hunt!
    thanks Bell-Two

Quote Originally Posted by milco link=topic=14172.msg149000#msg149000 date=1378643909
    Wow, what a great hunt! The cuflink button is really cool along with the other finds! Congrats on the little silver half dime!

thank you Darren

Quote Originally Posted by CTX Tom link=topic=14172.msg149005#msg149005 date=1378646004
    Awesome finds Del.Btw what's YTC?
    Sorry Tom , Y.T.C is short for my local detecting club's name Yankee Territory Coinshooters where i've been a member for almost 10 years now. thanks

Some amazing finds Dan.... wow, that buckle was deep! And that little half dime is beautiful.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter link=topic=14172.msg149009#msg149009 date=1378652627
    Some amazing finds Dan.... wow, that buckle was deep! And that little half dime is beautiful.
    Thanks Angie , i've found them at about a foot deep before but this one was my deepest so far . the picture really doesn't show it but the buckle has a very appealing dark emerald green patina .

Quote Originally Posted by del link=topic=14172.msg148985#msg148985 date=1378609818
    One of the guys (Roger M.) in my club got a bunch of us Y.T.C club guys together on a whim for a hunt , about 9 or ten of us made the trip out to Rhode Island and hit a couple cellars and Mill site. It went pretty well as many coppers were found ( Mass copper , Connecticut copper ,Vermont Copper a William III copper and a few large cents ) and two silver coins ( a Spanish half reale and a seated half dime ) plus a slew of buttons and relics.

heres was my take plus a about a 10 buttons from last weekend with George .

the pinwheel designed cuflink button is made of tombac and a first for me this seated half dime makes my third ever (second 45 ) so far and it was very exciting to see the small silver disk once i opened up the four inch hole .

the shoe buckle is a plain frame ( working mans buckle) but a nice complete one that moves pretty freely it was about 15 inches down in the moist dirt and definately one of my deepest found . it was nice to see some of the guys in the club and meet a couple new ones ,thanks Roger for the invite |)

Dan
    Dan, IS the man. Congrats on the great hunt/finds you always get the best goods! HH and may you find many more this season......

My gosh!! Good looking stuff I've yet to find a half dime, nor have I ever found anything at 15 inches...if you don't count hub caps lol
    I hope to get to one of those meetings sometime.
    There is enough stuff here for three posts
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by swamp yankee link=topic=14172.msg149017#msg149017 date=1378668978
    Dan, IS the man. Congrats on the great hunt/finds you always get the best goods! HH and may you find many more this season......
    Thank you Swamp Yankee , the ferns are starting to wilt and die down so the subtle man-made features in the now wooded fields are getting easier to see and the finds are there.

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew link=topic=14172.msg149018#msg149018 date=1378669225
    My gosh!! Good looking stuff I've yet to find a half dime, nor have I ever found anything at 15 inches...if you don't count hub caps lol
    I hope to get to one of those meetings sometime.
    There is enough stuff here for three posts
    Drew i have no doubt you'll be finding one soon , it took me a while to get my first as well. on my machine (DFX) them buckles at around 9 to 11 inches deep sound very close to what a nice copper sounds like but because of their size they pinpoint shallower . but this one was one of those iffy deep sounding targets that i told you about and the reason i dig'em. thanks

Dan

on some outstanding finds Dan. Roger always seems to come through with some excellent spots to and a true gentleman for sharing them with the club members.
    MXT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, 5.3 & and 950 coils, Sun Ray Pro Gold HP, Excalibur , 1000 coil, 2, Whites Dual Field PIs, Sovereign GT

Oldest Silver: 17?2 Half Reale

Oldest Coins: 1723 Halfpenny ,1729- ? KG 2rd Half Penny, 1786 Connecticut Copper, 1787 Fugio.

11@ 1807,8 Reale Counterfeit Cache

So that's where you went on Saturday lol Congrats on a nice looking nickel 15 on a buckle Did you stop for lunch half way down? Nice hunt and really great of Roger to host all of you guys.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Some great digs there dan! That tombac cuff button caught my attention right away
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Great variety of finds there Dan. Amazing depth on the complete shoe buckle, you've been finding those on a regular basis it seems
    Sweet Half Dime also and lovely tombac
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by fsa46 link=topic=14172.msg149024#msg149024 date=1378677228
    on some outstanding finds Dan. Roger always seems to come through with some excellent spots to and a true gentleman for sharing them with the club members.
    thanks Frank , I thought the sites were on private property but they were on public land and i had been there before with HEAVYMETALNUT before but had not done that particular area.I agree Roger is a good guy and we stopped for lunch around noon and compared all the finds and to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut link=topic=14172.msg149030#msg149030 date=1378679155
    So that's where you went on Saturday lol Congrats on a nice looking nickel 15 on a buckle Did you stop for lunch half way down? Nice hunt and really great of Roger to host all of you guys.
    lol lol this was after lunch but i had to recheck the hole to see where the target was a couple of times

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent link=topic=14172.msg149063#msg149063 date=1378688022
    Some great digs there dan! That tombac cuff button caught my attention right away
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiltzy link=topic=14172.msg149072#msg149072 date=1378690467
    Great variety of finds there Dan. Amazing depth on the complete shoe buckle, you've been finding those on a regular basis it seems
    Sweet Half Dime also and lovely tombac
    thanks Jeff and Todd

wow! we were near there and missed this area? > great hunt fella's!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Fantastic finds, Dan!

I really like the complete buckle and the fact that it still swivels freely. That is a very neat relic.

Awesome half dime too! That's one that is still on my bucket list.

That must have been a really fun hunt.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT link=topic=14172.msg149094#msg149094 date=1378725703
    wow! we were near there and missed this area? > great hunt fella's!
    yes Dave , the time me , you and Gary were in Rhode Island but we didn't hit this particular area though

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent link=topic=14172.msg149102#msg149102 date=1378744819
    Fantastic finds, Dan!

I really like the complete buckle and the fact that it still swivels freely. That is a very neat relic.

Awesome half dime too! That's one that is still on my bucket list.

That must have been a really fun hunt.
    thanks Tony , Matt and I detected till almost dusk . It was a good time , my second full day of detecting (for myself) in a while , boy do i miss it too.