Thread: short hunt yields possible gold...

short hunt yields possible gold...

I took my 5 yr old daughter out with me today for a 3 hour hunt. ( An hour's worth was me having to run laps to and from the car for her ice water... Lol). But, none the less, we did well at a local Cincinnati park. She found a 3 clad dime spill. She also found a 1960, 1966 & 1996 pennies. She loves the pennies. But the top find for the day was this bracelet. One pic is before a water only wash. The other is a cleaner version. I did not find any karat markings, YET. All it says on the clasp is SARAH COV.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    If its old or gold, I'm down, Ya dig?

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

Re: short hunt yields possible gold...

Quality time at the very least! <
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Hope it's gold for you. If it is, your next two detectors are paid for lol But you made some great memories for the little one (who is going to grow up hording pennies lol).
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by imagearhead link=topic=14176.msg149023#msg149023 date=1378676280
    I took my 5 yr old daughter out with me today for a 3 hour hunt. ( An hour's worth was me having to run laps to and from the car for her ice water... Lol). But, none the less, we did well at a local Cincinnati park. She found a 3 clad dime spill. She also found a 1960, 1966 & 1996 pennies. She loves the pennies. But the top find for the day was this bracelet. One pic is before a water only wash. The other is a cleaner version. I did not find any karat markings, YET. All it says on the clasp is SARAH COV.
    Congrats on the great finds,coins,braclet,and munchkin! She'll remember it as a great time had w/dad. HH and many more finds for you both!......

Yes... She would be happier finding a brand new shiny penny over a 1916 D Mercury dime any day of the week. Of which, I did find a 1916 merc, but without a mint mark last week at a park. But regarding the bracelet..... It turns out to be a high end costume jewelry. Made by Sarah Coventry Jewelers. Which was founded in 1949. And was sold at jeweler hosted in-home parties. So not exactly valuable. But the older, vintage stuff retails quite high. | But as for my daddy/ daughter dates with our metal detectors..... PRICELESS! thumbsup01
    If its old or gold, I'm down, Ya dig?

Great hunting and it sounds like you have a lifelong hunting partner. on your finds and all the priceless time you get to spend with your daughter.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Spending time with your child is priceless. They grow up way too fast so enjoy every minute of it.

Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030