Thread: Centuries and more stolen rings

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

Centuries and more stolen rings

From the land of the Bluenose.....waited till quarter after the hour for the newbie who didn't show up so I headed out solo down the 101 and picked up Slickpick Rick. Hit a few spots popping a fair amount of coinage along the way. My old Freedom 3 Plus was injured as the trigger for the pinpointing had died which really didn't present too much of a challenge but did cause me to dig more than normal amount of junk targets.

Navy Davy was missed as he was on a family visit. Good day out with Slickpick Rick digging 143 coins @ $6.21 with a nice WW11 Air force button and a silver ring. (Slickpick I couldn't get that email photo to download maybe you can add it as it's a good photo).

As for this bouy it was 131 coins @$4.45 with a dinkie and pin.

Had a couple of eyeball finds to round out the day.

On a sad note found out that not only did the Dominican airport steal Marie's rings but when I went to put away my finds from the trip.....all the rings I had found were gone!

Here is the photo of one of the ones Marie had stolen....was a good find!

Still P.Oed big time! You can rest assured this does not happen at the airport I work at...........I would be the first to know if it did!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Re: Centuries and more stolen rings

That really sucks Are you SURE you didn't stick them in some special pocket somewhere??
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Wow.. too bad Leslie... those island airports are notorious for theft. They think since they are allowed to check baggage it is a license to steal... Nice finds though... RickO
    Spectra V3, DFX, Surf Dual PI, Surf Pro, GMT, TDI, DX-1, Coiltek, Pistol Probe, Bullseye, Hot Shot coil, Spider Coil, 4x6 coil, 14 DD, D2, some others... Garrett Wall Detector

Nice finds for the day. Try and forget about the trip finds. Almost all my coins were stolen from when I started detecting in 1971 up to 1983 and I never got over it. Don't think about it too much or you may have to visit the Captain for some relief I bet the newbie got lost lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Great finds, but that is terrible news I would be furious!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250