Thread: New from Kentucky!

New from Kentucky!

Didn't want to hijack Tanacat's post about her silver finds, so introducing myself here.
    Always thought as a kid a detector would be fun, but never thought much more of it until Tanacat put pictures up on her facebook of her cool finds.
    Went home to Louisiana over CHristmas and detected for the first time with my stepdad who has had a minelab for a couple years and barely used it. I was hooked!
    Just purchased my own (that I am dissapointed with, so not naming) and hunted my first real hunt with Tana and Handyman/Kevin this past weekend.
    Looking forward to more hunting this weekend and hopefully meeting up with Epi-Hunter also.
    Love looking at everyone's pictures!

Re: New from Kentucky!

Welcome to the forum. Metal detecting is an enjoyable hobby, and it can also pay for itself, but the history behind what is found is also what fascinates many. Have fun!

You are so right, that is what draws me to it, the excitement and fascination of the historical nature of the finds. I'm just learning that many do it for the coin collecting aspect which I'm guessing adds to the excitement.

Welcome to the site, good luck. H.H. Yazoo

Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois
    Your in good hands with Tana & Angie!!
    I think you'll become a collector of a few different things now lol
    It just happens lol
    Good havin' ya here thumbsup01
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Hey Heather

You are disappointed with the (fill in the blank) metal detector? Okay, we have to talk. Why are you disappointed in it? I have someone you need to talk to, who has used that detector very extensively. Actually two people. I'll give you their names

Glad you are here! I never dreamed there would be so many people from my local area here.
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

hello Heather , welcome to the forum . becareful of that Tana Girl i hear she likes to cause trouble lol lol
    ok ok just kidding Tana
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    hello Heather , welcome to the forum . becareful of that Tana Girl i hear she likes to cause trouble lol lol
    ok ok just kidding Tana
    lol UR so funny

WElcome Heather!!! Glad you are here Hey, you didn't post a pic of your best find from the other day!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Hi Heather, Glad to see you here. Theres alot of good people and info. here.
    Vision, DX-1

Veteran Member

Welcome from Chester County, PA
    Oldest: 1755 Spanish silver; 1800 half dime | 1842 seated half | 1857 seated quarter | 516 silver coins in 2011!

Welcome Heather, Glad you found us and hope we can all share our adventures lol Don't worry about Tana, she's a good egg , it's Del you have to stay away from rofl....just kidding Dan Don't be too dissapointed with your machine. Every machine can find some treasures, you just have to rely on it's strengths. I started when I was a kid and have enjoyed it ever since. It even outlasted my first wife rofl So again, welcome aboard!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Welcome Heather, Glad you found us and hope we can all share our adventures lol Don't worry about Tana, she's a good egg , it's Del you have to stay away from rofl....just kidding Dan
    lol Aw thanx shux... Coinnut and Del are funny guys, should be on SNL (maybe spark it up/improve ratings to the good ol' days when Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Eddie Murphy, church lady, etc... were on there)
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    lol Aw thanx shux... Coinnut and Del are funny guys, should be on SNL (maybe spark it up/improve ratings to the good ol' days when Bill Murray, Chevy Chase, Eddie Murphy, church lady, etc... were on there)
    we are two wild and crazy guys lol lol ah the good ole days on SNL , wow thats some compliment Tana .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys, can't wait to really get at it and post some neat finds!

Welcome to the forum and your new obsession....woops hobby. lol

I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Welcome from the Louisville area!