Thread: Question on the frequency you choose to use on your V3i:huh:

Question on the frequency you choose to use on your V3i:huh:

Just wondering how many V3i users choose to use a single frequency when detecting for deep coins? What is the deepest your machine can detect with confidence and accuracy and is that with a single, combination or dual frequency setting? Thanks for your feedback.
    E-TRAC, V3i, DFX
    Oldest coin detected: 1854 half dollar

Re: Question on the frequency you choose to use on your V3i:huh:

To me, there is a lot more to depth than frequency choice. There's little doubt that lower frequencies will generally get you a little deeper. However, silver has as an affinity for the higher frequencies... and so on.

I coin-shoot with my V using all three frequencies and making sure I've tuned the other parameters, (disc sens, gain, etc) accordingly.

I sent you a copy of The Book of Jack that many have found useful.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

thanks tons...and thanks for the book! I'm just getting back into detecting and have been a bit displeased that my bud with an AT Pro is kicking my butt when it comes to deeper coins! verreaction:
    E-TRAC, V3i, DFX

A short up date on my use of the V3i and the dramatic results. I have tweaked Jack's program a bit and have gone to the single 2.5 frequency and I've been well pleased with the results. 1902 dime, V nickle and a couple of Indian Head pennies. Today a 1917 wheat at a depth of 8+ inches and a 19?6 at at least 10 inches. This is the time of year to be swinging the machine with the ground around here being moist/wet down a significant depth. Thanks Jack for taking the time to respond to my questions and your excellent encouragement. hey though, I'm saving my findings for that other name brand machine!!!
    E-TRAC, V3i, DFX

Sounds like you are doing well with the V3i! That's just great. I used to use the 2.5 frequency with a V-rated Super12 coil. That was some of the deepest holes I ever dug. lol Congratulations on a nice bunch of finds.
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer