Thread: Short Hunt with Dad = a couple of rings

Short Hunt with Dad = a couple of rings

Had a chance to hunt with Dad today.... He is slowing down these days as he is getting closer to 82 yrs old.... Wish we had those days back from yesteryear, when we both would be out in the fields for 10 + hours and think nothing of not eating or drinking at all for the entire day... I miss those virgin areas from way back then... Silver dimes were a plenty... pockets of Wheaties, and Buffalo Nickels... An occasional Half Dollar or Silver Dollar was not so uncommon... I remember bringing home rings upon rings from local parks, and fair grounds, or our local beaches day after day.... I remember also one particular small beach that we did after 2 days we had over $75.00 in silver coins between my Dad and my Uncle.... Not so much anymore, unless we get a storm or heavy winds for a few days... Now we are lucky to get a single silver dime when we go back there... Times have changed... Anyway I got side tracked a bit... Got to the beach and out into the water I went... Got a few coins to start the day, and a small brass ring in the scoop... A few signals later and a Mercury Dime and a Roosevelt dime in the same scoop... Love getting two silvers at the same time.... Made my way down towards Dad, he had had enough for the day already and I had that low grunt again that had turned out so many times today to be brass junk... this time was different though, I scooped down and had it in the scoop and dumped it out at the waterline for both of us to see, BANG ! A 10 K Gold RING... a very nice way to end the day... of course I just had to recheck the hole one more time... No signals... We headed out for a perfect ending of a hunt...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    whydah

Re: Short Hunt with Dad = a couple of rings

We all wish for some of those old days again It's payback for all them easy pickings we had lol Sounds like you had a great day with your dad and even found silver and gold. It does not get any better than that.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

It was a Memory that will live with me forever... a great day today...we even had a few laughs...
    whydah

The good old days are something that I never got to experience but I sure like to read about them. on getting out with your dad and for the gold. |
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album