Thread: A Great new spot with some firsts

Threaded View

Elite Member

A Great new spot with some firsts

Last weekend Tim and I were out...we drove past a huge old 1700s farm, that really is beautiful, it overlooks the Berkshires, the old house is in great shape, big huge trees lining the front, HUGE field around it..picture perfect. We both remarked about how much we'd love to hit it. A bit later I realized what road we were on and I remarked that I had a client who had a farm on this road (there are several), but I didn't know which one. I sent a text to his brother in law to ask the address, on the way back through we matched the address with the farm....it was the exact one we wanted to hit ...so we stopped in. He gave us a tour and we asked if we could come back this weekend...and he said yes...we were both as giddy as school girls

So this Sunday, at first light we were hitting the 50acre hayfield. It was slow going, a D buckle, then a bit later another...it was really quiet, not a lot popping, here and there freakin' 8 inch deep memorials >:#. I got a great hit and it ended up being a modern silver bangle. Finally I scored a flat button, a bit later Tim scored his buckle.. After about 2 hrs. I managed a really toasty small copper coin, which I have no idea what is really is . Ihad also scored a 46 roosie. Then the owner comes driving through the field in a PT Cruiser...I was laughing my but off. They got out of the car to see what we had found so far. Then the guy that was with the owner said that there was a cellar hole right in the woods next to the field. So we went directly to the area. The foundation looked t be that of a barn. No luck around it. BUT in the field adjacent to it (where we believe a house once stood)..well that's a different story. Buttons seemed to be everywhere . I scored another toasted small copper coin. Then..finally a 12/38 signal. I was expecting a button or something...but it was a Large Cent on edge...1813 Capped (first capped for me) ...then a few steps a 12/24 hit....I couldn't make out the front, but definitely knew the back with the wreath...I assumed it was a fatty indian (once I got it home and cleaned it off...it was a FLYING EAGLE! [another first for me]) happydance02. I got a lock box part in that area....wish I found what was in it. I also scored a croatal bell too. I was making my way back though the field, and scored a really nice buckle too.

So as we were leaving for the day, the owner was leaving too. We asked if we could come back this weekend, he said, anytime, and that this coming weekend he'd make us eggs and bacon...and that he has another 190 acres with cellar holes.......It's a hunting dream fantasy come true

and yes...I know..my pics suck..... > >.... lol
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC