Thread: Do you dig Zincolns:huh:

Threaded View

Do you dig Zincolns:huh:

I had gotten a little lazy last year and was passing by those stinkin' Zincoln pennies in the parks I had hunted.
    I knew other items were in the same range but had gotten tired of all the corroded and new pennies that seemed to be everywhere. verreaction:

One club I belong to, had their annual hunt last month and one hunt (of the 3 separate hunts) reminded me of that specific range.

I had did an air test back in 2011 on some old pennies I had dug and some zincs and their numbers and ID icons were very similar. This year I had been going back to some of the parks that I was skipping the Zinc cents and decided to dig the targets with a Zinc reading.
    (5 of these .925 rings were dug this year in the parks I returned to.)
    I also retested some silver rings I had found also, and the results comfirmed what I had forgotten, because I got a bit lazy.

On my Fisher F5 and F70 all these items in the photo were in the Zinc penny range 55-62 on the numbers.
    On the Garrett AT Pro they ALL were numbers 75-76.
    On a Whites detector they ALL read from 55-58 on the VDI.

Passing on digging up those Zinc cents Good!!!!!! let me know where you have been, and I'll go dig the signals !!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Robbie
    author of "Find More Silver Coinshooting Parks and Schools" by Robbie Morin
    contributor to- Camp Logan: Houston, Texas 1917-1919-by Louis Aulbach, Linda Gorski and Robbie Morin