Thread: minelab detector bag question

minelab detector bag question

I just got my new E-Trac and a Minelab detector bag (black w/ red logo, not blue w/red band). Tried to put the detector in the bag (fully collapsed of course) and the only way I can make it fit is with about a 90 degree twist in the bag. This doesn't seem right to me. Should I be disassembling the detector?
    David

Re: minelab detector bag question

I have the blue bag and my E-Trac fits in it just fine.

I think the black bag is for a CTX 3030. Maybe it isn't designed to hold an E-trac? I'm not sure. Maybe someone who owns a CTX 3030 can answer better than I can.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

You might be right. The black bag has the enlargement for the coil in a vertical position which you can't do with an E-Trac assembled. The picture of the blue bag looks like the enlargement for the coil is in the standard horizontal position. I'll send Bart an e-mail.

Elite Member

Bag? people use those?

Never used one...my etrac and 3030 both stay in my trunk of my car, along with everything else ready to go.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

I checked with Bart & he agreed that although the black bag is larger, you have to twist the bag for it to fit.
    David

This all sounds weird to me.
    I have both a black and a blue (both w/red), and they're both exactly the same except for the color.
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

The new black bag was designed for the CTX. It is a bigger bag that the original. I like the new bigger bag, get more stuff in the bag!
    Contact us for fastest and best service around!
    We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.