Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You never know !!! Shocking !!!

You never know !!! Shocking !!!

I was checking my post and I never posted this. I was in a old ball field (behind an old Inn) that I hunted several times before. Got a strong bing on my ATP at ten cents and then nothing. I turned on the pro mode and pinpointed the target, when it hit the highest reading around 83 (once out of 6 passes ) I dug . I was shockedName:  003 (4).jpg
Views: 186
Size:  103.1 KBName:  001 (2).JPG
Views: 191
Size:  73.6 KBName:  002 (4).JPG
Views: 212
Size:  53.7 KB
    Last edited by coinhunter; 11-21-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Garret 1500, 2500 , AT PRO , Pro pin pointer

Found this about two months ago. Didn't find as much this year but what i did find was good finds. By the way I have hunted this field several time and even with two other people. I'm have learned you never get it all the first time. I glad there is not a lot of people around here metal detecting

Holy cow! What was the depth on that?
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

You know I,m not really sure. I was so shocked I lost it for a moment. I think it was around 6 to 8 inches.

I've been metal detecting for 15 years and never found a Reale until, one last year and two this year. I have hunted these sites over and over and then BAM. Got me! I know the sites have been hunted by other people also.???

I bet it was deep. It must be nice to not know if you posted a reale That's an oldie and in good condition. Congrats!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Wow, what a find. And I never would have expected to find something like that in a ball field. Around here they usually filled them in with sifted loam.

Huge on a extremely nice find.
    Minelab E-trac; CTX 3030

That is an early one too. Any older an it would be a cob. Great find. You will never know how it got there, but it did, and it is yours
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Its an old ball field in a rural area. Little town dates back to 1798. Probable the ball field was a farm field or wooded area behind an old inn that is now gone. Still, it seems to be a very old coin to be found in this area. Have found three large cents in same field dating around 1800's.
    Last edited by coinhunter; 11-18-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Wow that must've been worthy of a happy dance right then and there! or was it more like this

I've heard that many times, that the great stuff is where you least expect it...
    In fact I found my first and only US Union box plate right across the road from McDonalds
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Congrats on the old reale!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Hi coinhunter, what an awesome find. It is a rush pulling something like that out of the ground. About 3 years ago while detecting my grandfathers bean field, I pulled 3 reales out of the dirt. You just never know. I hope your luck continues. Happy hunting out there before that white stuff starts flying.

That is indeed shocking. Makes you wonder how it got there... huh?

Thanks for the post and pics.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Blog Entries
    I do think I would have a heart attack if I ever find one of those reales!
    Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero & Silver uMax.

Beautiful silver treasure !
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Heart failure is what I experienced. "The first great find makes this hobby fun the second great find makes this hobby addicting".

Holy cow!! Maybe one day I will stumble across a reale. It is on my bucket list for sure.

Absolutely correct....we never get it all. I also found my 1st 1/2 reale in a ball field the 1st week that I started back detecting. 1775, thought I was rich.....

on finding that one.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Wow, what an amazing find!

Soon to be 300 years old! I would have a smile on my face for a month if I ever found something like that!

Congrats on the gorgeous 1726 Spanish Real!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

I have found if you can hit a field near an old inn that laid on an old turnpike ( at least here in the north east ) there is a good chance you'll find old coins. People traveled by stage coach and stop at these inns ( Early 1800's ). They usually had a liberty stable also. Not every one traveled by stage coach ,they rode a horse or had a wagon, traveling from point A to piont B. These people were given permission to camp out in the fields near the Inn for a overnight stay ( no money to stay at the Inn). A daily trip on a old road would be about 5 miles a day. Feed and rest the horses and regroup brought rise to these little Hamlet or Villages along the route.