Today I did my usual Thanksgiving morning hunt... It was 34 degrees and a very stiff wind was blowing directly onto the beach... Suited up warm and headed out to the beach and almost turned around... Yes it was that cold... But I toughed it out and started to get a few trinkets... I found a few Wheaties and then a nickel... Stopped to take a look at the small trough and got as high pitched signal, about 12 inches down I was able to pop out a nice Mercury dime....few minutes later out pops an Indian Head penny... So I turn around to start the grid work back the other way and another nice high pitched sound....by this time I could barely see from the cold and wind... My eyes were watering but I dug anyway... I am still in shock over this so bare with me... I look down and on top of the mud that I just dug was a conglomerate, it looked like a piece of iron, I am still in awe over this find..... Stuck together was 2 - yes 2 - 1/2 Reales one is dated 1775... I will keep them together forever....I hope that I didn't keep everyone waiting to long... I also got a brass bracelet and another silver Roosevelt dime....I found another sterling spoon, and a fish shaped funny. Research and a lot of work went into this very small but productive hunt today...Name:  1775 conglomerate (3).jpg
Views: 198
Size:  50.8 KBName:  1775 conglomerate (1).JPG
Views: 192
Size:  93.9 KBName:  Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (1).jpg
Views: 187
Size:  77.9 KBName:  Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (3).jpg
Views: 195
Size:  51.5 KBName:  Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (10).jpg
Views: 195
Size:  45.0 KBName:  Thanksgiving 2013 Hunt (6).jpg
Views: 193
Size:  44.1 KB