Thread: my 50th copper on the year & a etched trigger guard

Threaded View

my 50th copper on the year & a etched trigger guard

Got out with Todd Sat & Sun.Sat we found a site not on any maps and way off the beaten path.I kinda foamed at the mouth when we 1st walked up to it but after 4 hours and dead silent reality set in.we were not the 1st ones here.i got one old button back.the colonial 2 piece type that always has the domed top portion missing,a shoe buckle chape and some old looking brass thing that resembles a mini ice scraper has a hook on the back and some ornate etching.any idea anyone what this was?
    I was think some sort of colonial stock clasp half?
    we decided to end saturdays hunt at the site i got the baby US oval belt plate.not very much left there either,a cloak button,a totally toasted flying eagle cent.

Sunday we headed to a field not far from the GW button site same owner of the property said it was ok to hunt the field.a homesite used to be in the field.I got a toasted KGIII? counterfeit copper.rang up 56 on my XLT,then a nice designed musket trigger guard.Todd dd well in the field too.he's been on a early military relic roll and today was no exception for him.a few hours into the hunt his truck comes crusing across the field he's like my sister in law is throwing a tantrum and you guys should pack it up.
    so,off we were to a old standby site that we hit before.2 IH's,a buffalo nickel a few wheaties a button, a piece of shoe buckle and some brass nails .
    not the greatest weekend I ever had detecting but least I added a few keepers to the relic display case
    Attached Images Attached Images                   
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW