Thread: Ghost towns of the east-group hunts

Ghost towns of the east-group hunts

Here's a neat site, have you heard of the t.v. series? I'm trying to hunt it down... Check out the last one down on the left- Treasure Hunts. This guy and his co-host lead them. I signed up to learn more (find out how many $1,000's it will cost... lol) If the price is right, I'd love to go on one of 'em!

<a href=http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-tow...he-east.com>If you are a beginner or a seasoned treasure hunter, don't overlook this adventure.</a>You can search for and locate ghost towns in the eastern states. Metal detecting those areas have produced many interesting finds.
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Re: Ghost towns of the east-group hunts

sounds interesting Tana and i bet its pricey to. my recommendations would be doing it in the spring or fall as the heat
    and humidity and the bugs make it very unpleasant to be in the woods here in the east.if you ever wanted to get out
    this way George and i would be happy to take you colonial relic hunting and we don't charge a cent .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    if you ever wanted to get out
    this way George and i would be happy to take you colonial relic hunting and we don't charge a cent .

Dan
    How close are you guys to Newport, Rhode Island? My bestest girlfriend lives there & we're going to visit her, travelling slowly, camping along the way and back- for a couple weeks. Looking for exciting things to do along the way to be with the ocean. Maybe I could join you guys for a day of MD'ing! Later in the summer....
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Quote Originally Posted by tanacat View Post
    How close are you guys to Newport, Rhode Island?
    atleast a couple of hours but we could meet somewhere in the middle or on the Rhode Island / Connecticut line .

Maybe I could join you guys for a day of MD'ing! Later in the summer....
    sounds like a plan just give us a few days to a week notice to set somewhere up (to research an area ) to hunt
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Yep, late in the summer we find lots of things, Mosquito's, gnats, snakes and sometimes some coins lol You'll need a machette for the ferns Just like Del said, give us a little heads up and we can save some sites to hunt at.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Yep, late in the summer we find lots of things, Mosquito's, gnats, snakes and sometimes some coins lol You'll need a machette for the ferns Just like Del said, give us a little heads up and we can save some sites to hunt at.
    That's alright, I got a B.S. degree in Camping! lol Well sort of... Parks & Recreation with emphasis in camping and outdoor rec. They made a mistake on my first college transcript - it just said 'Camping' rofl

Oh well, inside joke I guess- my friends cracked up at the time, said no fair we want Camping B.S. degrees too...

Anyway,that'd be so much fun to MD and explore some woods with you guys! I'll bring my machete and mosquito hat with screen veil thing. Isn't the mosquito your state bird?
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

You mean all this time I have been wrong? I thought for sure the mosquito was the KY state bird. Good Luck on your hunt anyway. Yazoo

Isn't the mosquito your state bird?
    Tie between those lovely misquito's and the best friend ticks
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold