It has taken me a while to try and come up with one find that is most memorable. I've been lucky over the years to have an opportunity to get out and detect some nice places. Although those places were fun, they were not as memorable as hunting for Native American points. As soon as Del and I signed on to hunt along side Archaeologists at a project with the Peqout Museum, I felt this feeling that we were about to be challenged in these hunts more then ever before. The level of excitement and determination reminded me of when I first started detecting. After many good finds there, this find is the one I pick. I can still feel the shock of digging that ratty nickel type signal, slowly peeling away the scruff of grass and roots, only to see the most beautiful conical Native point staring up at me. It was late in the day, and I was beat, but determined to find something that day. Other than cutting the plug, I did nothing else to retrieve the target...it was just there looking up at me less that 3" in the hole. It will be a long time before I can beat this find physically, emotionally and spiritually.Name:  Copy of retreat 003A.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  18.1 KB