Thread: What Should You Have Found By Now?

Threaded View

I didn't read the zillion replies to this thread, so here's my opinion on "what you should have found" by now...

You should have a couple of coffee cans full of Zincolns... enough to weigh down your tent in a hurricane. Why? If you're skipping Zincolns, you're passing up a lot of good stuff because you're lazy.

You should have at least five hundred nickels too. Why? Because that's where the middle-carat rings are located. If you pass up nickel "hits", you're missing a lot of neat finds. (Just about every class ring in the world "rang up" in the nickel range.)

You should have a reasonable number of Wheaties, and should know exactly where you found them. Why? Where you find Wheaties, there is silver. Go back and get busy.

You should have dug enough aluminum pull-tabs to build a jetliner. Why? Cause that's where the tiny diamond rings (with gold settings) are located.

Finally, the best advice I've ever been given is in regard to low VDI readings on a White's machine. "If it's a solid 8... dig it." Those low, positive readings (below pull-tabs) are almost always high carat-weight gold. It rarely fails. Those readings are often overlooked because they are so close to iron (negative VDI's) that the detectorist ignores them. Don't.
    Last edited by Lowjiber; 12-23-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.