Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your metal detecting goals for 2014?

I would like to find a cache. And if I can't find a cache I would like to find a rich cougar to support my metal detecting adventures.

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar
    Canadian 20 cent piece is all that is left that i would like to find. Only made them one year and most taken back tothe mint and melted and retooled into other coins! Hope everyone gets one off the bucket list this year!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

As far as coins, I would like to find my first half cent. As far as relics and artifacts, my youngest son is very interested in finding arrowheads and I would like to be able to help him find some points in some fields this next year.
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Quote Originally Posted by freemindstuck View Post
    I would like to find a cache. And if I can't find a cache I would like to find a rich cougar to support my metal detecting adventures.
    Agreed,my thoughts as well.

Two years ago I set a goal of finding 50 coppers. I had mixed emotions when I reached it as I put unnecessary pressure on myself. This past year I counted coppers but had no goal in mind. Thankfully, as I only found 30

So, I guess my goal this year is to just take it one hunt at a time....and keep trying to find things that interest/excite me. I might find stuff I didn't even know existed
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by skribnodsister View Post
    My other goal is to go out and see if I can find a gold pocket watch my friends grandfather lost in a field, I think that would be so cool to be able to find it and I know he would be pretty happy too.
    How neat it would be to find that watch for him! Good luck!!!
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    I always gauge my year on silver coins, so my goal is to finally break 100 for the year. I also have to add, to find my first gold coin. I know a certain little grove that just has to have atleast one gold coin. Good luck and happy hunting to all of you in 2014.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Thanks Tanacat! It will probably be like looking for a needle in a hay stack, but I'm still gonna go out and try and see if I can find it.

I would like to find a 1700-1800 coin at one of my colonial station sites. All I have found so far is just pieces of trade silver cut into small wedges. A whole coin would make my year.
    V3i DX-1, D2, 6x10, 4x6, Super-12, 10x14DD

I want to get my boat going and search some of the islands and sand bars in all these lakes we've got here in Michigan. I've always wanted to do it, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by giant056 View Post
    I want to get my boat going and search some of the islands and sand bars in all these lakes we've got here in Michigan. I've always wanted to do it, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I started doing it last year, and it is worth the effort. I built a hookah too, and hope to get more opportunity to use it next season.
    The Best That You Know Is The Best That You've Had

I have some rather crazy goals some may say for 2014. My first full year was 2013 I feel I did just OK.

2014 goals

1 Reale
    1 Seated coin
    1 Barber

Big goal of the year is a Fugio.

These goals are very achievable in my area being in New England. Happy hunting all.
    Primary machine: Fisher F75 SE Black
    Killer B's Camo headphones
    Oldest coin: 1652 Massachusetts pine tree 6 pence

My goals are to have another hunt with Tony Two Cent and Daddy Digger...and for us to have the good time we always seem to have.
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

ohhhh......a spanish reale would be nice , somthing where i can see the date , i have had a half reale,tiny little thin thing it was and wiped clean.
    another thing i would like to see is chrisinct and bamart my two detecting buddies lose there freaking minds over somthing thay find , then i wouldnt feel like a bloody nutter every time i find something cool and start doing silly dances and thrusting my hips forward and shouting "YES..YES...YES.."

Quote Originally Posted by Longhair View Post
    I started doing it last year, and it is worth the effort. I built a hookah too, and hope to get more opportunity to use it next season.
    Al at Prostock detector's has had them hookah's for quite some time and I've always thought about one, heck even cruising the shoreline of a lake with snorkel and fins sounds good to me, maybe I'll pic me up a good set of fins this year cause I've already found several really nice masks and snorkels in the water. Heck I haven't had a pair of fins on since treasure hunting when I was a kid

Tony, my goal is to dig more low tones. I enjoy hunting for silver coins and rings, but I know I am passing good targets because I am not digging those lower tones. I am sure I have missed gold jewelry by not digging those tones. I did find one gold wedding band in 2013.

Since I do almost all my detecting in the desert, my goal is not to get bitten by a rattlesnake.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Since I do almost all my detecting in the desert, my goal is not to get bitten by a rattlesnake.
    John , i sincerely hope you meet that goal
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

My goal is to spend more time detecting.

To find something made of gold (gotta dig more junk, I guess), to find a large cent with a legible date and to find a Barber quarter and/or half. And to get out and hunt with some fellow Ct. detectorists !