Thread: 1800's farmhouse.

1800's farmhouse.

It was warm today, 40's. I went to the old farmhouse that I recently got permission to hunt and found a small silver bracelet marked "Italy and 925". I found some clad and a fair amount of junk but haven't found anything old. While I was wrapping up I got to talk to one of the sons from the house and it turns out that he and his brother both detect and have been all over the place. We had a nice visit but that would seem to explain the lack of artifacts. He told me that they had found several old coins dating back to 1805. it would seem I was a little late.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

congrats on the silver bracelet. The one thing that I have learned that there is always something to find. Nobody finds everything.
    You proved that today, the brothers missed your bracelet.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

That stinks, but at least you got some silver out of it. Would be interesting to know what type of machines they used. I bet there are some deep oldies still there, or some goodies in the iron patches.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

One of them is using a Whites which I think may be an MXT or DFX and the other is using a Garrett. I am sure that I could spend a lot of time in these areas to find some missed artifacts but instead I think that I will shift strategies and hit the fields surrounding the house. As far as I know these are relatively untouched.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    That stinks, but at least you got some silver out of it. Would be interesting to know what type of machines they used. I bet there are some deep oldies still there, or some goodies in the iron patches.
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

thats not a bad strategy to hit the fields also the edges of the yard and the iffy deep targets as i'm sure they missed some nice stuff.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I think this will be one of those spots that you visit for years to come. There is some history here that dates back to the very early 1800s and late 1700s spread out over a pretty large area. What I think is the most interesting is the slave history. It would be awesome to find a slave related artifact.

Cheers

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    thats not a bad strategy to hit the fields also the edges of the yard and the iffy deep targets as i'm sure they missed some nice stuff.

Veteran Member
    Congrats on the bracelet find, and good luck on your search in the fields. Safe & HH

Good thought on hitting the fields. I think everybody here has gotten some great finds in fields. I know that the sons have left you something really good
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Great score on the silver bracelet