Thread: Hats off to Texan detectorists

Hats off to Texan detectorists

I just got back from a trip to Texas about 2 hours Northwest of DFW. I have to say that this was a rough spot to hunt and people that can be successful in that environment have my respect. My totals for two days were less than a dollar in clad. I hunted two parks and found only bottle caps and pulltabs and got stuck with bunches of tiny thistles. I hunted an abandoned church and lot that was overgrown and so trashy that I could barely find a spot to groundbalance.
    I did get to meet some very nice folks while looking for permission but I think that my next trip to Texas will be without the detector.
    Glad to be home to Northern Kentucky.

Ron
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.

Yep, you never know how good you have it until you travel someone else's shoes I'm with you on going to see the sights and not detect there....unless someone has an old Spanish mission on their property
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

There's no place like home!!
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Thanks for the hat's off. People say there's no place like home but in this case concerning metal detecting, Texas is really drying up fast on finds. Hunts go by and I sometimes find less than a dollar here "at home." Anytime I travel elsewhere I find things much easier. Home ain't where the treasure is as far as Texas. Finding a silver here maybe costs over 10 hours of time and $$$ in gasoline exploring further away from home.

I have a hunt buddy who visited Missouri back in May '13 and raked in(compared to Texas) silvers. He came back and didn't even detect here until this last month. The upside is that we Texans become very efficient at tweaking out a few of the last treasures here so logically, we are keener over all. martin

The closest I ever came to Texas was New Orleans at my sister's place, well I was using a very old detector at the time when I did go down there and found mostly copper roofing nails in her yard but I was only there for a couple weeks that the food was overwhelming along with really neat places to see and go, I even caught a neat country crawfish boil in Mississippi while I was down there. If and when I go back down there I've already warned cajuncoinhunter that I'll definitely be getting in contact with him before I go

Ditto on this post....Texas is kind to detectorists.
    You can never have too many pugs....